+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi1987 View Post
    Just another attack on women by the boys club that run this country.
    Child support amounts are a joke and unreliable, Injectable male hormone contraceptive exists and has shown tk be safe, reversible and effective, why not make the males use birth control?

Between that and the fact we now have to pay for pap smears I'm just ragey today!
    We have to pay for pap smears???? Since when???

Thanks
    Reviews
    You get like an extra 60 or something a week,
    I'm a single mum, I wouldn't give myself another dependant for 60$ a week!

I've also not had sex for 3 years so why do I need hormones that carry the risk of injury and death?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemmi1987 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    We have to pay for pap smears???? Since when???
    As of June this year I believe medicare will no longer fund the cost of a pap smear, they're part of the budget cuts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Actually - pap smears are being phased out in May 2017 in favour of 5yrly hpv tests.

How do I know? I screen pap smears and have been told I'm redundant as of next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Actually - pap smears are being phased out in May 2017 in favour of 5yrly hpv tests.

How do I know? I screen pap smears and have been told I'm redundant as of next year.
    So much can change in 5 years my sister has been 2 year gap and had cin cells,
    I hate this government so much

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemmi1987 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

As of June this year I believe medicare will no longer fund the cost of a pap smear, they're part of the budget cuts
    Mind blown!

As to not sidetrack... PM me if you want to. Do you know how it is more effective? Is it due to the vaccines that came into place the last few years? What about those that don't vax if that is the case? So do they also screen males for HPV?

I think I need to google a little if DS goes to bed tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So much can change in 5 years my sister has been 2 year gap and had cin cells,
    I hate this government so much
    It's not the govt fault. They were lobbied by the medics to convert from 2yrly smears to 5yrly hpv tests as #s of cancer cases have reduced since hpv vaccine.

Yes. It's a massive problem. The OBGYN hate it. The scientists hate it. But Dr Marion saville, Dr Annabelle Farnsworth and other pathologists are pushing it.

The pap smear screening program has been under review for the past few years. It's been in the works past 2-4yrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are removing the pap smear from Medicare list Nov 2017 so even if you want it you can't get it unless you pay full price.

The vaccine does work but is not 100% effective. Problem is that the vaccine prevents against the virus strains most common in Australia and is only effective if the person gets all 3 vaccines.

But we know that people have sex with non Australians and others who travel. We also know that not everyone gets all their vaccines. Even the eastern suburbs of Sydney with the highest % is sitting around 90%.

Males are not screened but are vaccinated.

The changes were in the same bill as the other medical changes to various other screening programs. At the time it was passed it was lauded as ground breaking scientific advancements.

So I'm 31. I spent 3yrs in an exhausting degree. 3yrs on the job studying and passed the exam with the highest mark in the country. And now I'm without a career and a job.

It's heartbreaking.
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 05-01-2016 at 18:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I sort of agree- if you are on welfare, why would you plan for a child.

BUT things happen, and people get pregnant on contraception.

Also, it's noone else's business HOW they spend their welfare. If they are entitled to it, they are entitled to it- end of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are removing the pap smear from Medicare list Nov 2017 so even if you want it you can't get it unless you pay full price.

The vaccine does work but is not 100% effective. Problem is that the vaccine prevents against the virus strains most common in Australia and is only effective if the person gets all 3 vaccines.

But we know that people have sex with non Australians and others who travel. We also know that not everyone gets all their vaccines. Even the eastern suburbs of Sydney with the highest % is sitting around 90%.

Males are not screened but are vaccinated.

The changes were in the same bill as the other medical changes to various other screening programs. At the time it was passed it was lauded as ground breaking scientific advancements.

So I'm 31. I spent 3yrs in an exhausting degree. 3yrs on the job studying and passed the exam with the highest mark in the country. And now I'm without a career and a job.

It's heartbreaking.
    What?!? I had no idea about this, I wonder how many in the public are actually aware this is happening as there has been no real outcry. Only the younger generations are vaccinated and I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd refuse to pay to undergo a rather unpleasant but essential experience.

That's so awful RAH. I feel so angry for you. Hopefully legislation will change or you can slip into something similar, especially with your degree and marks. 31 is still young (I'd like to think so, as I'm 32!) so I'm sure that something will come along xxx

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (05-01-2016),KitiK  (05-01-2016),Nemmi1987  (05-01-2016)