+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default endometriosis?

Hi all, just after some advise.
    I havent had AF in over 2 years (preg then and still bfeeding), when my son was 6 months old i ended up in hospital with severe pain in my belly, they ran multiple tests and have decided i might have endometriosis. My question is, how do yoy know if you have it, and does it effect your everyday life (if you have it)?
    Im in pain in my lower belly everyday, i eat, im in pain, i dont eat im in pain, i have sex aaand you guessed it, im in pain.
    Im on the waiting list to see the gyno and something to do with a surgeon (they didnt exolain much just that they cany find it without keyhole). Ive tried researching but would like some first hand experience. (Sorry im babbling and probably not maki n sence, i have an 18mo old jumoing on my fave haha )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was diagnosed with endo 15 years ago via keyhole surgery. They can also do a hysteroscopy where they insert the camera via your vagina to see if there is anything wrong, I don't know if that's the most effective way but it would still see a lot of what's going on.
    My endo was so severe, I couldn't stand for long periods of time, the constant pain and bloating, I was on endone even at work for the pain so yes the pain can be as bad as you explained.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to pry hun, but does the pain go away ? Ive been on codeine for almost a year now and it hardly does a thing, ive also been prescribed anti inflammatories etc.
    Theres always a dull ache which i can normally get by doing whatever needs to be done on a faily basis, but other times its so bad i cant breathe properly or move. I just wish they knew for sure so they can fix it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have endo diagnosed by laparoscopic surgery. I had years of pain and gut issues, was told I had ibs, as it wasn't all related to periods. But when I couldn't get pregnant had the surgery to look for endo, gut never better! Got pregnant via ivf, not cycling yet as my son bf so much still but no pain still! ( my surgery was June 14).
    My hubby is a gynae in Brisbane if u are local he'd see u without waiting long....he's more understanding to patients than me! He does private mainly but a little public....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

Luanajo  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisau77 View Post
    I have endo diagnosed by laparoscopic surgery. I had years of pain and gut issues, was told I had ibs, as it wasn't all related to periods. But when I couldn't get pregnant had the surgery to look for endo, gut never better! Got pregnant via ivf, not cycling yet as my son bf so much still but no pain still! ( my surgery was June 14).
    My hubby is a gynae in Brisbane if u are local he'd see u without waiting long....he's more understanding to patients than me! He does private mainly but a little public....
    oh thanks hun, where abouts in brisbane? Im willing to travel, i just want all this pain to stop, when im having a bad episode i cant even hold my son becaus eit hurts too much!
    What are the chances of it being endo? I was told that even though i fell pg naturally i might not always be able to (somthing to do with growing with cycles?)
    Im after as much info as i can have, is it somthing i should be worried about ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's at Sunnybank, that's the best place to see him fast and he can do ultrasound etc and go thru your history and advise you as to what's the next step, his name is Nelson at Sunnybank centre for women. 3345 4947 just let him know you've been talking to his wife on a parents group and he'll look after you....it was so good for me that I got to get special treatment by jumping ques ith his colleagues when I needed it, couldn't have coped with long waits.... You'll just need referal to him from gp but u can call to find out about appt time first....
    Last edited by Lisau77; 05-01-2016 at 14:22. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank You! I really appreciate this, would yoy happen to know costs involved at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    First consult 150, get half bac from Medicare approx. unlikely anything else in clinic, if it's private surgery u go onto there's usually no gap from him. Repeat consults about half cost of first. He does occasional bulk bill if someone genuinely can't afford.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry forgot to say, if ur not familiar with how private works, the in doctors rooms stuff is all rebated from Medicare, so it makes no difference if u have private insurance or not, it's only in private hospital where the private health kicks in or if u do intermediate in public. But I've had friends who he's sorted without the need for surgery they thought they needed and had been waiting and waiting in public... And if u do it helps if u already have had tests done with a private dr even if still go public. Depending on circumstance sometimes he can expedite public waiting lists, but it depends on what class a persons problem falls into....but until u get assessed ur not in any category really....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

Luanajo  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks hun muchly appreciated