+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Man, its soooo frustrating. DD hates the treatments too. Ive been using the Moov treatments but I'm thinking I might try a different one. I hate the idea of uing horrible chemicals though...but I'm just gona have to I think. Nasty little buggers they are.

Ive washed everything...twice. Ive only been using a plastic nit comb. Ill get the metal one today.

Sooooo annoying. Poor DD's birthday was the other day too and I checked her hair and the lice were back. Poor thing was so sad they came back on her birthday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've just had both my boys with them and now I'm sure I've got them... I've visualised myself doing a Britney Spears and shaving my hair off!!!

Seriously though it's easy to do my boys hair but I've got long, thick wavy hair. I did a treatment on myself and found nothing. I think maybe I might have to ask someone else to comb it for me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We got invited to a play date tomorrow (at a good family friends place) and another friend whose children attend the same school said their kids always have head lice and the mum does too Apparently she doesnt treat them?? We see them fairly regularly and no problem yet but reading this thread has made me want to cancel :/ Am i safe to tie my girls hair up, spray with a tea tree mix and finish with some hair spray? They sound horrid

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (11-01-2016)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    All three of my kids had them in the last few weeks of school. I saw them in ds2's hair first, treated him and then ds1 told me he was itchy too.
    Next thing I know poor 2 year old dd has them and I was spending an hour every morning, spraying everyone's hair and then combing through with a bit comb. I was dreaming about it, my life was all about banishing nits!
    I washed pillow cases every day and bedding every second day. I treated them with remover, I combed through conditioner ( had ds1 in tears- thick hair + conditioner + very fine tooth comb = a hurty situation!)
    In the end, because no hairdresser would take them while they had nits, my mum gave the boys a haircut ( their hair was in desperate need, and it gave the nits good hiding places) and I treated with a different formula and that got them. Luckily dd didn't need a haircut because I am trying to grow her hair as much as possible for my wedding.
    I will be happy to never experience that particular hell again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    We got invited to a play date tomorrow (at a good family friends place) and another friend whose children attend the same school said their kids always have head lice and the mum does too Apparently she doesnt treat them?? We see them fairly regularly and no problem yet but reading this thread has made me want to cancel :/ Am i safe to tie my girls hair up, spray with a tea tree mix and finish with some hair spray? They sound horrid
    Yes lots of tea tree oil and lots of hair spray!
    I think my kids got them from sharing hats with a boy at school, but I've seen articles saying that they can transfer even when heads just touch (quick little things) so I would casually word your dd up if you think you can about not sharing hats or touching heads together.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh anyone elses heads itching just talking about it. Im petrified of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Haha yes. I used to be paranoid after treating my kids that I had them.
    But, my theory from the last ten years as a teacher was proved true: they so do not like my hair. It's dry, and curly/ frizzy and it just mustn't be a nice environment for them. So that is one benefit of looking like bozo the clown!

(I'm still itchy now though!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Haha yes. I used to be paranoid after treating my kids that I had them.
    But, my theory from the last ten years as a teacher was proved true: they so do not like my hair. It's dry, and curly/ frizzy and it just mustn't be a nice environment for them. So that is one benefit of looking like bozo the clown!

(I'm still itchy now though!)
    I've been so braggy as a teacher the last decade that is never caught them either.... Now I understand the parents pain!! Haha... Awful things!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got so sick of dd getting them that i took her to a lady in town that specializes in getting rid of them. They seem to have worked. Money well spent!! I just hope that me straightening my hair helps kill them if they find their way onto my head

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same as CMF, will sit there and pick them all out one by one. I hate the combs, more so because my girls have think hair..
    I usually get cheap homebrand conditioner, coat the hair and put glad wrap over it for about 30 minutes. You sit there and can watch the lice die then I pull all the eggs out. I recheck every few days until I know I've got them all.