+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My daughters school is strict on shoes, black leather with her dresses and either entirely black or white runners for sports, she had a pair of target Mary Jane style shoes all year, she's outgrown them before they wore out and she's very rough and tumble, I just polish the scuffs from the toes, I was surprised she got them the whole year so I'm wondering if I get her some of the athletes foot school shoes this year, but knowing my luck she will have a massive growth spurt 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My advice is if you do buy leather shoes polish them every day! DS has Clarks that have lasted him for the whole year and probably into his second year as he's not outgrown them yet! I polished meticulously, they were worth every cent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD1 got 2 full years out of a pair of Clarke's Mary Jane's. She wore them with the inner soles in for one year and then took out the removable inner soles for the second year. My DH is pedantic about clean shoes so he polished them weekly. We threw them out simply because DD grew out of them.

ive just bought DD1 a pair of Harrison t-bars and DD2 a pair of Clarke's for this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't help with girls shoes but I intend on getting Clarks for my ds this year.

Last year he was allowed to wear sneakers all year and I ended up buying Asics. $70. They would have lasted the entire year but for the fact he had a growth spurt and outgrew them.

I used to get the big w cheapies for preschool and would end up buying a new pair every 8 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I recommend that you buy a pair of shoes your child can put on by themself ie Velcro or if she can do a buckle up? As a teacher I find shoes come off/ get taken off/ laces undone and if you've got 20+ pairs of shoes to do up it can become pretty labour intensive

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-biscotti View Post
    Clarks Mary Janes here. My two wear them for five days a week, 6 hours a day (so more than any other shoes in their wardrobes!) so I want their growing feet to be both comfortable and supported.
    This. Last year I got dd the ones with the scuff resistant toes which I felt prolonged the appearance of the the shoe.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (05-01-2016)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kids get there sneakers from footlocker or eastbay
    Each year dp goes way over budget because he is a total sneaker freak 😁😁😁

Our school just requires closed in shoes so we aren't restricted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our school is catholic so the uniform rules are pretty standard.
    Black leather school shoes for 4days a week & plain white joggers on sports day.

In kinder DD1 went through a pair of black shoes each term. This was despite them being good quality, betts kids, clarks & lynx. For the 4th term i brought cheapies from bigw - those $19 school shoes lasted that term & the entire next year!!!!

I was very surprised seeing as i had been of the thought you get what you spend with shoes.

For joggers she has had betts kids, nike, sketchers & currently reebok - all have worn well and ill clean up to pass onto DD2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd starts kindy this year and will attend a private school. They have a set uniform with all black velcro sneakers the requirement for shoes. I bought a pair from bigw this week and hope she will outgrow before she outwears them.

I looked at Betts kids and athletes foot but considering how much her foot grows, we'd spend a further fortune on her shoes alone. We'll see how this pair goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our eldest starts school this year and they have a pretty strict uniform policy but with shoes they can wear runners. She has New balance ones that are white with some purple detail. We paid $40 on sale.