+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Third birth after two post partum haemorrages

So I am 31 weeks along with my third bub and giving birth is only a couple of months away. I am trying not to stress about this birth as like the title says I had a post partum haemmorrage with my two other births. With DD1 I lost 2 litres of blood and with DD2 I lost 1.6 litres. The doctors said they have a plan, and I feel some comfort but you know, still I can't help but feel worried. Maybe I am just a bleeder. I don't even know what the point of this post is, I guess I am just stressing a bit. My doctors know my history and are prepared. I guess I just have to have faith in them. Just worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you started raspberry leaf tea?

First bub i started at 36wks. Lost 1.2L blood. Second I started at 34wks. Lost 700mL. Third bub i started at 32 wks. Lost 200mL!!! My ob was amazed.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (05-01-2016),Marchbundle  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 3 haemorrages. Ob was going to give me something shortly after birth to help uterus contract, but I also opted for an epi close to birth just in case - that way they could easily put me under or remove it whilst awake.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    I had 3 haemorrages. Ob was going to give me something shortly after birth to help uterus contract, but I also opted for an epi close to birth just in case - that way they could easily put me under or remove it whilst awake.
    I am going to ask for an epidural if my red blood cell count is high enough, if the contractions get too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Have you started raspberry leaf tea?

First bub i started at 36wks. Lost 1.2L blood. Second I started at 34wks. Lost 700mL. Third bub i started at 32 wks. Lost 200mL!!! My ob was amazed.
    Oh so it really works? I have heard people rave about it, I was just afraid to try something I don't know much about. If it can reduce blood loss, perhaps I should look into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It can't hurt at all so why not??

I was at one cup a day till 35wks. 2 cups till 37wks. 3 cups till due date

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    It can't hurt at all so why not??

I was at one cup a day till 35wks. 2 cups till 37wks. 3 cups till due date
    Thankyou, I might definitely look into it....like you say, it can't hurt, I am expecting to haemmorage again. If I can avoid bleeding like a slaughtered pig, I will be a happy mum lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hospy kept blood for me in case I needed a transfusion. For the first time I didn't feel like crap post birth.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hospy kept blood for me in case I needed a transfusion. For the first time I didn't feel like crap post birth.

I so relate. I had blood transfusions after each birth, and it took ages for me to get my energy back. I was in hospital for 6 days with each of my daughters....I don't want a trifectre.
    Maybe this time they may be able to give me an iron infusion too which might help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I definitely feel I would have bled a lot more if I didn't take raspberry leaf due to my placenta not coming away.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post: