+ Reply to Thread

Default Extremely high natural killer cells

Hi all. I have a question about natural killer cells. I have one 3 year old son but since having him I've had 7 miscarriages/losses in 2.5 years at various stages in pregnancy. I finally found a dr that was willing to look beyond age (I'm 43) and has found that the natural killer cells in my uterus are extremely high. I began the LIT by having the two lots of injections of DHs white blood cells a month apart and started the tablets a week and a half ago once my cycle finally started (sorry can't remember the name off hand). I'm due to go for the intra lipid infusion on Thursday and then start clexane shortly after. We are trying for a natural pregnancy to begin with before looking at other options if that's not successful. Firstly, I was wondering if anyone else experienced an incredibly intense AF when they first started this treatment. I honestly felt like I was having a natural d&c and I'm really hoping that is a good sign in that my body was getting rid of the uterine lining full of natural killer cells. I normally have 2 medium and 2 light flow days but this cycle AF has gone for 10 days increasing from spotting to a full day of me not being game to venture out of the house because it was so heavy and constant all day. A very unusual cycle for me but I'm seriously hoping and viewing it as a good thing. Has anyone else experienced this and gone on to have a successful pregnancy afterwards? Also, has anyone gone through this treatment and successfully fallen pregnant naturally and do I need to take any precautions owing to the immunosuppressants? What can I expect/do to help us fall and stay pregnant? Any and all suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi, you should check out high natural killer cells #8 thread. It has lots of info and other women going through the same thing. I also have high nkc and am doing LIT but not naturally trying. We r doing ivf. Good luck and check out the other forum.