+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC after Misoprostol

Hi ladies,

I have a long story so ill try and cut it short! We were pregnant with no.2 and we m/c at 8 weeks. The docs thought i was m/c naturally and took almost 7 weeks to sort out d and c. This then lead into having misoprostol instead of a d and c as i had already had a period in this waiting time! The misoprostol worked so i didnt need to have d and c which we were happy about. The doc then said that we can't try for 3 months due to higher chances of miscarriage. I asked why because its been almost 3 months since we m/c and this then adds another 3 months to it which is just prolonging this horrible experience. Her reasoning was that you need to regulate your body again and also there maybe remainders that arnt picked up on ultrasound. Im so disheartened as i want to ttc asap.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this? Did you wait? Did it result in a healthy pregnancy if you fell straight away?

TIA xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babymakers88 View Post
    Hi ladies,

I have a long story so ill try and cut it short! We were pregnant with no.2 and we m/c at 8 weeks. The docs thought i was m/c naturally and took almost 7 weeks to sort out d and c. This then lead into having misoprostol instead of a d and c as i had already had a period in this waiting time! The misoprostol worked so i didnt need to have d and c which we were happy about. The doc then said that we can't try for 3 months due to higher chances of miscarriage. I asked why because its been almost 3 months since we m/c and this then adds another 3 months to it which is just prolonging this horrible experience. Her reasoning was that you need to regulate your body again and also there maybe remainders that arnt picked up on ultrasound. Im so disheartened as i want to ttc asap.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this? Did you wait? Did it result in a healthy pregnancy if you fell straight away?

TIA xo
    Hi Hun. I had a MMC in Nov of 2014, had misoprostol and also had a D&C. It was my choice to have the D&C however the obstetrician who I was seeing in the early pregnancy unit said that either way it was best to wait until you have a period and then it is safe to try again.

Just so you know, your body won't get pregnant if it's not ready. Trust your gut.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm looking at doing another embryo transfer this month after misoprostol.

I had a scan at 7 weeks which showed and empty sac in October. Took the tablets a few weeks later.

I have had one period since and am waiting to get my next one soon so we can't try again

I'm so worried my body isn't ready but I guess I'll never know when the right time is 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi babymakers, sorry for your loss. Sounds like you've been through the ringer with waiting

I've had 2 mmc - my 1st I went straight for a d&c as it was predicted (by size) that bub had passed 4wks prior to me going for the next scan & my body still was 'happily ' pregnant in every way, shape and form. It was recommended we wait a few cycles at least but my gp said it was more to do with 're-regulating' my hormones being further along than usual. As it was we needed to see a fs 12mths later prior to conceiving dd

My 2nd mmc was after the birth of dd. Like your situation, it was very drawn out with multiple doses of miso and still eventually needed a d&c weeks later. This time, despite being similar gestation (1st was 12.5wks, 2nd just past 10wks) I was told all was fine to try again. 5wks after the d&c I was pregnant with ds and although I had a lot of on/off bleeding, all was fine with him
    Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your replies! It's good to know others have been through this and understand how we're feeling. Think we might try this month since I've had my first period since Misoprostal so my body must be ready!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babymakers88 View Post
    Thank you all for your replies! It's good to know others have been through this and understand how we're feeling. Think we might try this month since I've had my first period since Misoprostal so my body must be ready!
    Good luck babymaker! We are also trying again this month with a FET ✨

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh two souls good luck!!! Let us know how you go! Xo

I went to my gp last night to confirm with her cos I didn't agree with the docs opinion but for piece of mind I needed to hear it from a professional! lol she said go for it!!!!! So excited!!