+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default what would you have done ?

So,i went out to the shopping center today to put on a layby for xmas at the end of the year (yes im crazy but i have to be organised as im the eldest of 11 children, soon to be 12!) (I also buy for DF family etc etc). I had my DS in the parent trolly so he could sleep (which he was), looking at cameras for my sister, when a lady on the phone barged her trolly into mine and looked at her daughter ( maybe 12-13) and loudly said 'rude @ss people need to get out my way before they see how crazy yoyr mother can be'.. the jolt woke up poor DS who was crying and as i tried to cuddle him and soothe him she walked past and commented 'stupid s**ts having babies for money' . Im 20, i know im young, but i was so shocked i went to the parents room a bawled my eyes out.. what would you have done?
    Im actually still in shock and dont really know what to think about the situation tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    😳 wow

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyRoberts For This Useful Post:

Luanajo  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is no excuse for that kind of behavior. Normally I'd prob just let it go and no give her the satisfaction. However if someone like that caught me in a mood like I'm in today i would have gone absolutely crazy at her. Stupid rude woman.
    20 may be classed as young to some but you have every right to have a baby. You're not 17!! Thats what i class as young!!
    Cheer up lovely, she's just a miserable old bag

5. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

Luanajo  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I would have been so shocked that someone would be so horrible I would have been speechless and then annoyed later that I didn't stand up for myself. I'm so sorry you met such an awful person xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Luanajo  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanajo View Post
    So,i went out to the shopping center today to put on a layby for xmas at the end of the year (yes im crazy but i have to be organised as im the eldest of 11 children, soon to be 12!) (I also buy for DF family etc etc). I had my DS in the parent trolly so he could sleep (which he was), looking at cameras for my sister, when a lady on the phone barged her trolly into mine and looked at her daughter ( maybe 12-13) and loudly said 'rude @ss people need to get out my way before they see how crazy yoyr mother can be'.. the jolt woke up poor DS who was crying and as i tried to cuddle him and soothe him she walked past and commented 'stupid s**ts having babies for money' . Im 20, i know im young, but i was so shocked i went to the parents room a bawled my eyes out.. what would you have done?
    Im actually still in shock and dont really know what to think about the situation tbh.
    How rude! Hold your head high, behaving in that manner in front of her child is disgusting and speaks volumes of the type of person she is and the type of children she is raising.

As for myself, I would have given her my 2 cents and then some. There is absolutely nothing I hate more than people who try and shame other mothers for any reason at all. Not acceptable.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

Luanajo  (04-01-2016),meandmyboys82  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanajo View Post
    .....looked at her daughter ( maybe 12-13) and loudly said 'rude @ss people need to get out my way before they see how crazy yoyr mother can be'..

She said it herself love - she's crazy. What she said and did to you and your family is completely unacceptable and downright rude. But like you, I would have bitten my lip and said nothing.

You just don't know how people will react these days. If this is the sort of thing she does unprovoked, I'd hate to see her reaction if challenged. I think you made the right (and safest) decision remaining quiet. You don't want to put yourself and your kids in a dangerous situation by firing back at her.

I'm really sorry you had to experience that hon. It's not right, and frankly it says a lot more about her than anything else. I hope your day gets better

Blossom

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (04-01-2016),Green Cheese  (04-01-2016),kiwimum890  (04-01-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (04-01-2016),Luanajo  (04-01-2016),MissMuppet  (04-01-2016)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    The first time I would have let it go, but the second time I don't think I would have been able to help myself and I would have said something. As politely as possible though, because even when someone is trying to walk all over me I still can't help being polite. Not *nice*, but polite.

You poor thing. Maybe she was having a bad day, too. Or maybe she has had a bad life. No excuse for her behaviour, but it's her issue- not yours.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Luanajo  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont know what her problem at all was asbtherebwas enough room for her to get past wi th out me needing to move, it just came as a shock, i might be young and my DS was not planned but that dosnt mean i dont love him any less. I definitely didnt have him for the money at all. I think that being said is what hurt the most.
    I dont understand why some people feel the need to be so rude..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank yoy all for the kind words, im annoyed that a physically cant stand up for myself, but she looked like she would have beaten me to death, i got out of there as quickly as i could because i was so embarrassed. I dont understand what happened tbh but i feel the need to lay low for a while haha im a huge sook!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default what would you have done ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    She said it herself love - she's crazy. What she said and did to you and your family is completely unacceptable and downright rude. But like you, I would have bitten my lip and said nothing.

You just don't know how people will react these days. If this is the sort of thing she does unprovoked, I'd hate to see her reaction if challenged. I think you made the right (and safest) decision remaining quiet. You don't want to put yourself and your kids in a dangerous situation by firing back at her.

I'm really sorry you had to experience that hon. It's not right, and frankly it says a lot more about her than anything else. I hope your day gets better

Blossom
    This. Clearly she's rude and unhinged. You can't argue or reason with crazy.

You are the better parent regardless of age xxxx

Hugs. It's a shame she made you cry

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (04-01-2016)