+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default partner appreciation thread

Hey everyone! How are we all?
    So ive been semi AWOL the last few days, binge reading the 'not so serious vent threads' lmao!
    I came to thinking about all the things that DF does that really grinds my gears (like leaving hair on the shower wall tiles.. 😠😠😠) lol, but then i thought, 'but why did i fall inlove with him?' So i thought id start a 'partner appreciation thread', to remind us all why we fell inlove with our DP's! (Will post below)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few sweet moments:
    -2-3 days a week i get the same message from DF that reads; hey beautiful lady, i hope you slept well, please done do anything today other than relax and chill out with bub, you do so much and deserve to habe a break, i love you pretty lady xx'

-everynight my DF has to kiss me 3 times or he cant sleep and everytime i say 'i love you' he follows it with ' i love you more i win!'

- my DF works full time 6days a week and everyday he helps tidy the house, helps cook dinner and tries to spend as much time with DS as he can before he goes to bed etc..

My DF is an amaxing man, aand no matter how much he can grind my gears, hes the one for me! I love my babe!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luanajo For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (04-01-2016),CakeyMumma  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH is a huge dag, a serious grump and often acts about 50 years older than he is. However, he is such a kind and generous person once you look past his grumpy exterior. He is so sweet and he loves me unconditionally. He has the oddest sense of humour but can have me in hysterics any day. He is my equal and has never expected me to take the lions share of the housework or children wrangling. He puts up with me 😊
    I am ridiculously lucky to have found him and wouldn't change him for the world. Plus he has a pretty great bum 😜

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (04-01-2016),Luanajo  (04-01-2016),~Marigold~  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    My DH is a huge dag, a serious grump and often acts about 50 years older than he is. However, he is such a kind and generous person once you look past his grumpy exterior. He is so sweet and he loves me unconditionally. He has the oddest sense of humour but can have me in hysterics any day. He is my equal and has never expected me to take the lions share of the housework or children wrangling. He puts up with me 😊
    I am ridiculously lucky to have found him and wouldn't change him for the world. Plus he has a pretty great bum 😜
    thats sooo sweet!! Yoy made mine look dumb bahaha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a nice thread....
    My DP works so hard in a crappy place and is away from his family so he can support us all. When he's home he looks after DD nearly the whole time as he wants me to have a break. And he cleans and cooks and buys me flowers and massage vouchers. Bless him. He also has a nice butt! I miss him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    In a nutshell, my DP is fun, loving, cuddly, happy, good with his hands (fixing everything around the house, and yes, in the bedroom too!). He looks at me as if he's won the lottery and gives the best hugs in the world. He's rugged and handsome, and although he is a bit cuddly around the tummy he is very muscly (he's a tradie) and he's super strong....quite amazing at how much weight he can lift! He treats my DD like she's his own (slightly different dynamic with my DS who is 8, but they get along well) and he has been an amazing partner to me during my DD's cancer treatment. Right after her diagnosis when DD was asleep and the doctors had left the room, it was just me and DP watching over DD. Tears started rolling down his cheeks. It was so touching and beautiful and a moment I'll never forget. Our lives have been turned upside down, but he his love for me has never waivered and he often says "It's ok, we will all get through this". He is just so beautiful.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (04-01-2016),PomPoms  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A few things from this week that help me remember why he is so great..

- he finished work a little earlier than normal today and sent me to nap when he got home. He had all 3 kids (8 weeks, 21 months, 6yrs) and yet he still cooked dinner, did 2 loads of washing and played cricket with our oldest while I napped.
    - it was my bday recently and he bought me a bracelet I love that I had mentioned once about 8 months ago, and never since.
    - he went out last night to put petrol in my car and came back with my favourite yoghurt that he knows I like to have for breakfast
    - he just now sent me a mushy text telling me how much he loves me.
    - he knows I hate spending money on myself and hates shopping but after recently giving birth and not having many clothes that fit me, he didn't take no for an answer in the post Xmas sales and took all 3 kids while I spent ages in the change rooms trying on everything. He insisted I buy basically a whole new wardrobe.
    - he hasn't slept in past 5am since our youngest was born and hasn't complained once. I am up with the baby during the night so he wakes when our older two do at 5am every single day.

.. So much more, but this is just a few of the reasons he is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think this is a good thread for me, as I often get caught in the feelings of my partner should be more affectionate, sensitive etc and think it's good to count your blessings and recognize what you have.
    1. My husband always supports me and encourages me to sleep in the day (not that I do), he always understands if not much housework gets done.
    2. The other day he took our baby into the loungeroom in the morning so I could keep sleeping after a hard night with bubs.
    3. He works hard to support us every day even though he hasn't got his dream job.
    4. He hugs me and kisses me whenever I ask him to.
    5. He just loves our son and spends a lot of fun time with him.
    6. Even if he doesn't agree with something I say he never forces his opinion down my throat.
    7. Even though he is not a christian, he never stops me from taking our child to church every week.
    8. He doesn't give in to his friends constantly pushing him to go out partying with them, he always stays with me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jane17031703 For This Useful Post:

Luanajo  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DF has made me laugh so much today; its not always that this happens but when it does it reminds me just why i love him!
    (Hes at work but we txt all day like teens haha)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH goes to work at 5:30 in the morning and I roll over to give him a kiss good bye but don't get up and everyday when I do wake up there is a message on the whiteboard in our kitchen with him telling me he loves me and can't wait to see me after work. He also works long hours but still helps me with dinner and dishes and does the floors on weekends and takes time to help the older kids with homework. He took over everything I dropped the ball on when I fell into my pit of grief when Dad died and organised his funeral when neither Mum or I could bring ourselves to. Plus he was so wonderful with my operation and at least once a week he will give me a mini pedi (pumice feet and foot rub) while we watch tv