+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Ps- could I change income protection insurances?? And not say he has any pre exisiting conditions. I'm just so upset we've paid insurance all these years and can't get covered.
    It's surgery for his foot. He was born with club foot and now he's having problems.
    no, it would be illegal for starters. not to mention it would ring alarm bells for them if a pre existing condition he's had since birth is suddenly removed and then a claim gets put in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Ps- could I change income protection insurances?? And not say he has any pre exisiting conditions. I'm just so upset we've paid insurance all these years and can't get covered.
    It's surgery for his foot. He was born with club foot and now he's having problems.
    No. Definitely not. It is fraud and you could be in a lot more trouble over it.

Is the surgery in relation to the exclusion? Have you spoken to the company about the claim at all?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP no you cannot change insurers and not disclose any pre existing conditions. They will void your claim and legally be able to not pay due to 'non disclosure'. It is technically considered fraud....If it helps at all, I don't believe any insurer out there would have covered hubby for that particular issue if he has had it since birth.

Also most income protection policies would have waiting periods of minimum two weeks, more commonly 4 weeks or beyond...insurance is really important and I know it's frustrating for you now, but he is still covered for a myriad of different risks, that could be much more severe financially (I.e. A serious long term illness that would prevent him from working ever again).

Good luck OP, I hope it all works out for you and hubby has a speedy recovery.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to careermum For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks all. I won't be changing insurance. I will speak to a financial advisor.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just sent you a pm

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah1502 For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The workers comp route might be messy. They will need to have documentation to demonstrate your DH is deemed a worker. They look at income, and pay based on that, not business takings. They would likely need the business and individual tax returns in order to determine earnings. But... if you're in NSW, you also end up looking at work capacity decisions being made, which could again reduce the entitlement from what Sarah1502 said.
    Also, approval would need to be given for surgery, etc, and that all takes additional time.

If you need any clarifications, feel free to PM me ☺

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also maybe speak to a compensation lawyer. It may help with the insurance

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you work 2blueburds? I would be subletting the truck for 6 months, making DH the primary carer and you going out to work as most you can. Is this an option?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-01-2016),DaveTTC  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a popular option but can you look into withdrawing some super on compassionate grounds? There is someone on here who works in this area, hopefully they pop in and offer some advice.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (05-01-2016),babyno1onboard  (05-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (05-01-2016)