+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I'm currently studying my Masters. Started last term for summer semester.
    I have a 3yo. I could not keep up with study without daycare.
    She'll go 2 or 3 days ... DD loves daycare ..and it gives me time to study and do housework stuff.
    I think I recall that youre a teacher?May I ask what area you are doing your masters in? I'm interested in further study...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I think I recall that youre a teacher?May I ask what area you are doing your masters in? I'm interested in further study...
    I am! Been a teacher about 15+ years. Always thought I wanted to go into leadership, even started my M.Ed a few years ago in leadership and admin studies.

But after DD...I've had a complete turnaround. I'm studying my Masters in special education (including gifted and talented).... I've only just started. Bit nervous about the research component but if I enjoy that it might do on to attempt doctorate studies! So far I'm enjoying the study.
    I'd really like to get into advocacy for families. Like an independent advocate. .attend IEP meetings with families and help with funding etc.
    Well. ..that's a long term goal.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (04-01-2016),cheeeeesecake  (04-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Looks like alot of late nights for a few of us!
    Last night i went to bed at 12 then ds was up and down between 1am-5am even thought dh helped, i was still awake so up again at 5 and of course i thought i would nap with ds today so he decides to not have a nap!!
    These are the times I find frustrating, I like being able to stick to a plan. But its another late night for me tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    Thanks everyone. Looks like alot of late nights for a few of us!
    Last night i went to bed at 12 then ds was up and down between 1am-5am even thought dh helped, i was still awake so up again at 5 and of course i thought i would nap with ds today so he decides to not have a nap!!
    These are the times I find frustrating, I like being able to stick to a plan. But its another late night for me tonight
    That's why I have daycare, if you can swing it. ..DD goes back tomorrow after 2 months off. I'm often up with DD at night and then I'm too tired to concentrate on study at home. It's hard when you have to be self directed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm torn right now between applying for a casual job with no daycare options or throwing myself into my diploma for the next 6-12 months then getting work, end of the year I can get ds2 into preschool and have ds1 settled into primary school

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I was working I would do all my reading on the train (1hr each way on the train to/from work, 3 days a week) and during my lunch break, and assignments at night or on weekends. DD was a pretty good sleeper when I started studying. I took a year off work & study when DS was born and then had the kids in daycare 2 days a week while I studied. My first subject back after DS was quite heavy going so I had to be pretty disciplined about getting through the work. Luckily I didn't end up returning to work which gave me more time for study. I'm only doing one subject at a time though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    That's why I have daycare, if you can swing it. ..DD goes back tomorrow after 2 months off. I'm often up with DD at night and then I'm too tired to concentrate on study at home. It's hard when you have to be self directed.
    I am tempted to look into daycare, i just feel guilty as i dont have a job so feel like i shouldnt put him in daycare. Which I know is absolutly ridiculous!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    I am tempted to look into daycare, i just feel guilty as i dont have a job so feel like i shouldnt put him in daycare. Which I know is absolutly ridiculous!!
    Studying is a job. You are investing in yourself for the future career you want. .which is important for a variety of reasons.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Cue  (05-01-2016),Nemmi1987  (04-01-2016),Purple Poppy  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't mean to quote lol
    I just did the first certificate I need this year,

Realistically it would be easier to do the diploma then try for the job once the 2 1/2 year old is in preschool as I'd have somewhere he would consistently go then,
    But the job is here and available right now (although there will most likely still be more come September), the diploma would open up my job abilities more,
    Its a hard decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deciding to study was hard too. I lost my job last year. ..long story. And both DH and I knew we both can't work due to DD's high needs. So he's returned to work (finally)... and I decided to study. I will finish my degree by the time pretty much she starts school. So that's the plan.
    I'm still nervously waiting for my first assignment back! It's driving me nutty!