+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had ds via elective in Perth. They were ready to discharge me at 48hrs but ds needed clearance from the paediatric cardiologist so had to wait until the following morning. I had the home visiting midwife come for 3days after I got home to check ds's weight gain & remove my staples

I personally wanted to get out of there asap and back home to dd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My hospital in Sydney's policy was 48 hours post c-section, mine ended up being about 52 hours but that's because the Drs took so bloody long with the discharge paperwork. However, I think if I wasn't feeling great, I'm sure they would have let me stay another night. Just ask at your next appointment what happens if you're not well enough to go home, and you'll then get to see how strict they actually are with their 48 hour policy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I normally go home 48 hours after my c/s but that's just me, I wanted to be home with my other kids and DH. (my first child and c/s was 5 days). To be forced is pathetic. C/s is major surgery and for your first one you may need to stay longer. I was shocked with my first child how sore I was. The 2nd and 3rd op were breezes in comparison as I knew what to expect.

My advice to to speak up and say no to discharge. Also, keep on top of your meds, even if you feel you don't need them, take them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think this is atrocious. I've had 2 csections, public and private. Public I was in for 6 days and private 5. Try not to stress, although that information is concerning I highly doubt you'll be home after 48 hours. I would however talk to a range of people (dr, midwife, ob etx..) about your concerns in hearing this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont agree with this at all.
    But just letting you know its possible you may feel up to leaving then anyway.
    I only stayed 2 night with my 2nd csection and felt like i could have gone for a jog lol. My 1st csection no way. I stayed 6 nights and against hospital wishes went home. And felt like crap for 2-3 months.
    Fingers crossed you sort out the hospital and have an easy recovery x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister transferred to our small local hospital less than 24hrs after her c section. Then went home about 12hrs after that so was home before 48hrs. She was fine with it. She went public. I went private and stayed in for 5 days. I didn't have too much pain but just felt more comfortable there with the bed that sits you up etc....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Surely the can't make you leave... I only stayed 2 nights after my first c section. .I couldn't wait to get home. .. the hospital ( in western sydney) tried to get me to stay longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its amazing that the quality of public health care varies so much across australia. I was told by midwives that the local hospital doesnt have funding to keep women for longer than 24 hours, or 48 hours for a ceasar. Im suprised that other public hospitals allow women to stay 4 or 5 days! I wonder why some hospitals are able to keep women longer than others if we are all in the public system... is it the hospitals mismanaging their funds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Its amazing that the quality of public health care varies so much across australia. I was told by midwives that the local hospital doesnt have funding to keep women for longer than 24 hours, or 48 hours for a ceasar. Im suprised that other public hospitals allow women to stay 4 or 5 days! I wonder why some hospitals are able to keep women longer than others if we are all in the public system... is it the hospitals mismanaging their funds?
    Maybe some hospitals are busier and need the beds for new patients?

I was told I'd be discharged after 6 hrs with a complication free vaginal birth but ended up birthing at a different hospital and stayed for 2 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I had my first c/s in a large regional hospital and was forced to stay 5 days. Then my 2nd and 3rd were in a little country hospital where my Ob allowed me to decide. I was told with my last child I could stay however long I wanted. I received amazing care there, both surgically and in relation to bed side manner and after care.

I think the big city hospitals simply don't have the beds. It isn't about mismanagement of funds, there simply isn't the funds to begin with to cope with the demand. I worked in a big regional hospital and they had whole wards that weren't being used bc they didn't have the funding.