+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Lozz,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your little girl. It is so cruel and unimaginable for a parent to have to say goodbye to their dearly loved child.

I lost my daughter, Edith, at 38 + 2 in July 2014 due to a cord accident. Eadie is my second child, I had a 3.5 year old son at the time.

I think its really normal for parents to grieve differently, I know I was in total shock for quite a while and it just didn't feel real, whereas DP was really emotional in the first few weeks. When the numbness wore off I was, and still often am, an absolute mess. Its allowed!

The hospital contacted Sids and Kids for us and I have found their support invaluable. Their counsellors have all lost a child, so they actually 'get' just how horrific it is. They also run support groups, playgroups for siblings (which I found great as its' really hard when you have living children trying to come to terms with losing their sibling when all their friends get to bring theirs home), and peer to peer programs where you can be paired with someone who has had a similar experience, but is further down the track. They also have a 24-hour crisis support line.

I'm so sorry you are going through this and I hope you can find some moments of peace in the difficult days ahead xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

crystal4431  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have sent you a pm lozz90

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear this. We lost our DS2 in March last year at 22 weeks. It's horrifying beyond imagining.

I found the experience so isolating as no one in my circle had ever been through it.

I'm a member of the Bears of Hope and Pregnancy Loss Australia Facebook support groups. They have been my lifeline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for you're reply sally! That's exactly how I'm feeling and every morning I have to remind myself that I'm not longer pregnant and my little girl won't be coming home with us.

I've added the pregnancy loss Australia page but I don't think I've been accepted yet. Life goes back to normal for my family tomorrow (daycare and partner back at work) and I just feel lost because I won't get my baby back. I will try adding those pages for support. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozz90 View Post
    Thank you for you're reply sally! That's exactly how I'm feeling and every morning I have to remind myself that I'm not longer pregnant and my little girl won't be coming home with us.

I've added the pregnancy loss Australia page but I don't think I've been accepted yet. Life goes back to normal for my family tomorrow (daycare and partner back at work) and I just feel lost because I won't get my baby back. I will try adding those pages for support. Thank you
    Did you also send the follow up email? They do it make sure they are only adding pregnancy loss parents to the group. There is an email address and details shown on the info page for the group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I haven't done that. What do I have to email them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozz90 View Post
    No I haven't done that. What do I have to email them?
    Hi Lozz here's a screenshot of the instructions. I think I actually called their bereavement line. They have a trained psychologist who takes the calls. She actually approved me for the group without me sending an email. The email is a necessary evil though I think. I feel safer knowing they've vetted people before they join. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452466655.929491.jpg