+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Support after stillbirth

Help!!! Sadly I recently lost my little girl at 22 weeks for an unknown reason. This is my third baby and I feel like I'm not coping at all 😢 I know this is normal but I was just wondering if anyone in a similar situation has any advice or any pages I can join.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Lozz90
    Im sorry for to hear about your little girl. I too lost a little girl for unknown reasons at 24 weeks 12yrs ago. SANDS is an amazing organisation and helped me immensely. They have counselors 24hrs a day and also support groups you can join. I know its hard but try to stay strong. If you would like to chat more pm me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your reply. We may find a reason when we get the results from the autopsy but at the moment we have no idea and it's killing me. The hospital did give me their website so I will look into it and speak to them. Thank you x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lozz90 For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely mum,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful baby. Unfortunately, I welcome you to a very full, somewhat secret club of women who have been through the same thing (myself included, 2.5 years ago at 38 weeks).
    It's a horrible club, and I'm sorry you are part of it now. But please know that you have so much understanding and support coming your way.
    Have you come across the Luminous Lights Facebook group? It's a wonderful resource and a really lovely group of women who have all lost a baby. Do a search or if you give me your Facebook name, I'll add you.
    Big hugs for this first heartbreaking stage. It's gut wrenching and hard, and can be lonely.
    Please feel free to tell us all about your beautiful child and their arrival into the world, if you are ready. I'd love to hear all about it.
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Hun, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm in a similar boat right now.
    Last month my baby boy was born at 30 weeks and whilst premature was otherwise healthy. One week later he showed signs of being sick and within 24 hours was passed. They believe he caught a viral infection that he was unable to fight. To think he was a healthy baby and caught a virus whilst in the care of the NICU is just killing me.
    This was my 4th pregnancy. My first two were first trimester losses, my third resulted in my beautiful son and now this for my 4th. Holding him for 8 days and then losing him. I'm now still recovering from quite a traumatic emergency delivery and trying to reconcile his sudden loss. On top of this they are IVF babies and we are now out of embryos too.

I'm also going to look into some groups so thank the suggestions posted so far. I hope you get some answers around what happened with your baby xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seasun, I will search now and try to add that page. If I can't find it I will post so you can add me to it. It has only been 5 days since we lost our little girl, whilst my partner seems to be fine I'm an absolute mess and just don't know what to do. I'm so sorry to hear about both the loss of your beautiful babies too you never think it will happen to you and I never realised just how common it is. I really appreciate both of your replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also soready, I'm very sorry about your little boy. That's absolutely heart breaking and I'm sorry about your IVF problems now added to that stress and hurt you must be feeling I'm only new to Bub hub so I don't know how to pm or anything but feel free to pm me if you like x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you've found the page Lozz, let me know if you want me to put something on the page to speed the process up for you.
    You are so brave to reach out in the first week. Your hubby will be strong now, but they seem to be hit hard later down the track when you will recover abit. He will be feeling the responsibility to keep the family stable, get you through the sadness, create a strong foundation.
    My hubby was strong and positive for the first 6 months - then it hit him, around the time when he could see an improvement in me.
    Have you got family and close friends around you? Where abouts do you live?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He was a mess during labour and after but now he's pretending like nothing has happened. Where I'm not sleeping and crying all day everyday and he keeps asking me why, as if it's a new reason everytime. Don't get me wrong he is amazing and so helpful and supportive but maybe he's just not coping as well as I think and it's a cover up.

Half of my family including my mum live over East. A few have flown over to be her for us which is very lovely. I have a close sister and two friends who are all being wonderful but they don't understand what I'm going through and trying to tell them I'm sure I sound crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Posting to reply later. X