+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    Bit of a hijack sorry but...we have 3 children already and one remaining frozen embryo...unsure wether to put it in or be finished
    @PinkPopsicle it is a really difficult choice. We never intended on having 3, but after 1 x natural and 1 x IVF we had 1 x frozen embryo left. Just one. We decided (it was the only choice for us) to put it back and let nature do the rest - if it is meant to be... we ended up with 3 children! Wouldnt have it any other way x

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Returning to ivf for 2nd child

Can really depend on your fertility issues.

We "ttc" naturally every month from when our DS was 9 months old and my cycle returned like clockwork at that point but we knew that it was pretty futile as my partner has very little sperm. Then back to fertility treatments when our child was about 21 months, we needed to save up, I needed time before going back to Ivf again. I also wanted to extend breastfeeding so didn't want to be back on the meds. Very luckily it only took us about 9 months and 2 transfers. We still have one frostie left and at this stage we plan to go back for it when the next child is 18 months, if it all works out.

I think age is probably a bit motivating factor? I was 34 when we started back again so we said we'd plan for 3 years of IVF with breaks for number 2 then reassess.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to share my experience....
    We did our first Ivf cycle in 2013, which resulted in our now 18mth old and 4 frozen blasts. They said 3 are of same quality as her and one is a medium blast. Anyway, we've always wanted to try for a 2-3 yr age gap and had an overseas trip booked for sept/oct this year so thought we'd go for it the cycle after we got back.
    We ttc naturally for about 3 months before doing a FET as that would have meant a 2yr gap if a miracle happened straight away. Our only known issue is MFI but we still didn't want to waste too much time in trying.
    I had a transfer in 7th dec and got a bfp but unfortunately my numbers haven't been doubling well and I'm having continuous bloods as they were expecting my levels to drop off by now and it would be treated as a chemical preg. My hcg is still going up at the moment but my progesterone is dropping so hopefully my body sorts it out! My last blood test was last Thursday as my level was 776 at just over 6 weeks along so I guess this is becoming a prolonged chemical pregnancy/early loss.
    After this we will have a little break before another FET. We have 3 goes left before we will have to reassess.
    Last edited by Annerley; 03-01-2016 at 19:51.