+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in a townhouse. Our new neighbour doesn't work and is always out in her back courtyard smoking. I hate it. It's the middle of summer and i have to keep getting up and closing the back sliding door. I get it's her right to smoke on her own property but where is our right to clean air? I hate smoking and wish cigarettes had never been invented.
    almost everyone in my family smokes so I've been exposed to it alot. Since having my own kids I've found it bothers me alot more now. Every family member that's passed away has died from smoking related cancer. Every single one. Most recently my dad. 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha @M'LadyEm i loudly slam the door too while making loud comments about the stench. She doesn't get it though, or just doesn't care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the replies! I'm jealous of all you people who have minimal exposure!

My DD also does the loud "ERGH!! MUM THEY'RE SMOKING AGAIN!" and slams the door. But they are clueless. I have actually heard of someone (in another unit block) being fined from strata about smoking on their balcony and 'polluting common areas', I wonder if this is actually true?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I'm not overly fussed by it for the reasons delirium has outlined, but i think it sucks OP that your workplace allows people to smoke in the only common outdoor area. That shouldn't be allowed at all. They should have to go off work premises. Is there someone you can talk to about that? I would be really annoyed if the only space I could go for fresh air was full of smokers!
    I don't know, but yeah it does really suck! Funnily enough too, we are in healthcare, but as it's residential, the residents need to be allowed to smoke so we can't actually be a non-smoking facility. I could possibly ask about the staff area being non-smoking, I know management are anti-smoking, but there's no other section the smokers can go I don't think. I don't think I'd be very popular if I got a no-smoking rule either lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I don't know, but yeah it does really suck! Funnily enough too, we are in healthcare, but as it's residential, the residents need to be allowed to smoke so we can't actually be a non-smoking facility. I could possibly ask about the staff area being non-smoking, I know management are anti-smoking, but there's no other section the smokers can go I don't think. I don't think I'd be very popular if I got a no-smoking rule either lol.
    Well I learned today that it's against policy to smoke whilst wearing company uniform or even a company lanyard or ID.

So to smoke at work you've gotta go across the road, whip your lanyard/id off and chuck on another shirt to cover up the company one.