+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Very very minimal. I detest smoking and will not be near anyone doing it nor will my children.
    up.
    Exactly this

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have almost no exposure to second hand smoke. I dont have any friends or family who smoke, & I dont live in an area where smoking is common,so its really only if we go into the city or occassionally encounter it on the street. I have 2 severe asthmatics, so wouldnt tolerate being around a smoker. Once you've had a few close calls with asthma attacks, puffing drugs into you child as they turn blue and PRAY the ambulance will get here on time - yeah, it is a big deal. A little bit of smoke can cause a big reaction in an asthmatic. Its not worth my child's life. I dont care who that offends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Our neighbour smokes so we have to do what you do OP and get up
    And shut the windows/doors. It really annoys me and sometimes I shut them with a little more force than needed... I really can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke. I know there are lots more things out there that can kill me, but they don't smell half as offensive! I get most annoyed when sitting or standing in a crowded area and someone lights up. Seriously, if you must smoke then go it as far away from me as possible! We were at Southbank the other day for the fireworks, had found a nice place to sit and chat for awhile when this young couple came and sat next to us then lit up. The wind blew the smoke directly in my face. I coughed and spluttered, waved my hands in front of my face and almost went as far as tucking my face inside my shirt so I had some sort of filter. They still didn't get the picture so we got up and left. That's the kind of behavior I can't tolerate from smokers... Ignorance to those around them. If you want to smoke, go right ahead. Just do it where no one else has to breathe it in!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS has almost zero exposure to passive smoking. No friends or family that we see regularly smoke. We don't go to 'smokey' places, nor do we have neighbours that smoke.

An occasional waft of smoke out in public would be it, and I'm very grateful for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very, very minimal. No one in our lives smokes.

Ds didn't even know what smoking/cigarettes were until about 6 months ago (he is 6). He will sometimes now bring up that he once saw a girl smoking near the shops on the way to soccer practice.. To him this is a BIG DEAL, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not much. We actively avoid passive smoking. We have a rule that no one is allowed to smoke in our yard...so if tradies etc. come they get asked to go for a walk if they want to smoke.
    If we're out and people sit next to us and start smoking (and we were there first), we politely ask if they'd mind not smoking near us.
    Perhaps we sound over the top...but one of our kids is asthmatic, and the smell makes DH and I nauseous and gives us headaches so we're politely intolerant.
    As for other pollutants...this is one we can actively avoid, so we do. We can't actively avoid everything, but we do what we can.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not much. We don't have any friends or family who are smokers. Unfortunately where we live there are people who smoke everywhere and they are rude smokers because they don't care who's around. Like ignoring the smoking bans at shopping centres. Or smoking at school pickup. We actively avoid it though as much as we can as I'm asthmatic and so are our three children.

I grew up having asthma attacks and needing drugs daily and still had a grandmother who smoked in the house and car multiple times a day. I blame my crappy lungs on her and unfortunately our children inherited my crappy lungs too. I despise smoking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only have one friend who smokes and he always take himself away from everyone when he goes to have a smoke. So it would be very minimal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Only when passing someone who is smoking on the street or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have kids yet (one on the way) but when I was younger I used to do a LOT of passive smoking. Since I've gotten older and moved away from family I find I avoid passive smoking at all costs. 95% of my family is made up of smokers.

Sadly, my mums house has smoke ingrained into the walls and fabric of everything that is in the house, even though they no longer smoke inside and I have to avoid going there as if I stay more then an hour inside I end up sick.

If there is someone smoking around me, I move away. I'm an asthmatic so being around smoke can flare things up so I avoid it as much as possible.