+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmyboys82 View Post
    I know right!
    I don't know why I'm so intimidated by this woman. There will be words next time, one way or another!!
    I really think your DH needs to step up and be the one to say something. It'll be better received coming from him I'm sure. Cold sores can be life threatening to little babies. Even without this risk, her boozy smoky weed lips shouldn't be smooching a child's face.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess like others have said you just need to remind her.

I'm not bothered either way in my family although to be honest I don't even pay enough attention to what my family do with my boys upon greeting... I think it's more like cuddles.

I kiss my DS 2 on the lips or cheek ... Or even his neck or his bare butt!! Ha!! I love him and it's a show of love not sex attraction for me.

My DS 1 asked just this year if we could not kiss on the lips anymore and I was totally cool with that... I still kiss him on the cheek and head. But not at school .. Too 'shame' he tells me.. 😄

I'm happy for my boys to lead that feeling of comfort in affection. I have spoken to them about their private areas though and they understand that's a no go zone for anyone but themselves.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (04-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I really think your DH needs to step up and be the one to say something. It'll be better received coming from him I'm sure. Cold sores can be life threatening to little babies. Even without this risk, her boozy smoky weed lips shouldn't be smooching a child's face.
    That's what i said to him. If he doesn't say anything next time i will be and I've already warned him it prob won't be received well by her.
    Hopefully it's another 3 months before we see her again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A few posters mention kisses on the lips being the natural thing as it is what their kids chose to do without prompting.

IMO it might have more to do with kids purely reproducing what they see their parents doing. Learning by example and all that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds lip kisses me about 20times a day and I love it. Doesn't make me gross and never thought it would make people look at me like it is gross.

We do it everywhere.. In shops..anywhere when I ask for a kiss.

With your child I would just let them chose their own way of kissing. Follow what they feel. Sometimes ds doesn't want a lip kiss and he turns his head or says no. So I respect that. But most of the time it's on the lips.
    If your child isn't getting upset by it and it comes naturally then let them I say.
    Ds even lip kisses the boys at daycare..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    A few posters mention kisses on the lips being the natural thing as it is what their kids chose to do without prompting.

IMO it might have more to do with kids purely reproducing what they see their parents doing. Learning by example and all that.
    That may be true. DH and I are not overly affectionate in front of DS though. DH or I certainly never take the others face in their hands and kiss the other repeatedly as DS does. I cannot recall anytime he would have seen that either.

I believe it's just his nature and he will one day not do it. If he gets to an age where I don't think it's appropriate anymore we will have a chat. For the moment I'm going to enjoy this boyish affection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I 100% lip kiss m DS, so does his daddy, every morni ng when we wake up and every night before bed, i also cop about 10000 a day hahaa
    I know his nanny lip kisses, grumpy (granddad) dosnt. My side of the familyive never really taken notice of who does and who dosnt l. I dont think its a huge deal. Even with a stranger id probably do a little awkward laugh and shrug it off (if it was a child, different if was an adult). Im a very open person and i do agree, i love the book 'everyone has a bottom'.