+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I don't agree that stokkes are a rip off. They might be more than you're willing to pay but they are amazing quality, well designed and well built pieces of furniture. Expensive doesn't always equal rip off. I didn't buy one because I didn't want to pay that much for a high chair, and would t have used it past high chair phase, but as I said the ones my cousins have are still going strong 13-15 years later. They are amazing quality and I think where possible people should be buying things to last, not just to use and discard.
    The IKEA one lasted through 4 kids. I changed the tray once. I thought that was pretty good use. And then I passed it on to friends. They clean so easily they can last for years.

But I hear you on the quality of Stokke. My kids just weren't in high chairs long enough to justify it. And the. I'd have to buy one for each of them so it was fair. Argh would have cost me a fortune!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We used the Ikea one until about 20 months, and then bought a Stokke (without the high chair attachment) which DS1 (now 2 1/2) currently uses. I like the Stokke as a toddler chair - it's stable, it's a great height for sitting at our table and it's much easier and cleaner than a booster seat attached to a dining chair (which we used for a few weeks in between). However, given the crazy cost of the high chair attachment for the Stokke, given my time over I'd probably still use an Ikea high chair first.
    Last edited by Gentoo; 03-01-2016 at 05:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the ikea one. But my kids don't stay in them long (dd stopped using it when she was about 17 months old), so an expensive one wouldn't be worth it to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The reason I like the Stokke chair is because it is wooden and matches my dining table. In my opinion it is worth the price because I will have it for a long time and can then pass it on to a friend or family member who will need it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the stokke highchair and sold it eventually got the ikea one and should have just got the ikea one in the first place. Easier to clean and you can take it outside to hose down. Personally i hate high chairs from 1yr old we eventually put him in a m&p booster chair that sits on your dinning chair. Less space, cant notice it and he wanted to sit in an adult chair like everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Highchair

We have two stokke high chairs but 3 children. By the time DS arrived DD1 wanted to sit in a normal chair. I love that they sit at the table with you to eat not 3 feet away in a seperate high chair with a tray.
    They are expensive but we have had our first one for nearly 6 years and our second for 4 years and they still get used everyday. I even sit on them if we have guests and are short on chairs as they are rated up to 70kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a boon which has seen us through three children - all smooth lines and no crevices so still looks brand new four years later. Once they move on from the high chair we bought them each a soho chair from an online store called mocka. They are almost like a bar stool for kids with adjustable seat and foot rest. Only around $100 and wooden so matches dining furniture. When we bought the boon it was around $300 but it has height adjustment, wheels and brake and as I said sooo easy to clean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just realised that the mocka chairs that we bought are exactly the same as the Stokke that everyone raves about - but a third of the price!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for your reply. It was nice to read people's opinions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the ikea chair and it seems to be working well.
    Money was a factor.