+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How old are babies when they stop needing a highchair?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Dd was about 2 when she just flat out refused to get in.

We have a love n care techno and it has served us well. It is height adjustable (from ground level up to above our dining table) with removable tray so as dd grew, we actually sat her at the table with us

Also have made use of the seat reclining - not for feeding but when dd and ds were very small and not yet on solids, I reclined them back and they could still 'join' us at the dinner table

I simply hose it off outside to clean

3. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (02-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS refused it when he was 1 lol. He has been sitting on a chair at his table ever since (he is 3 in March).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had some fancy padded one to start with, then got an idea one, which was great until Bub was about 28 months. Picked up a jolly kidz booster chair (looks like a Stokke trip trap) and still using that at 2.5 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ikea one or target sell a similar version.
    Bigw also have one similar i think.

We started with a steelcraft messina padded up giant thing. Was huge, bulky and a shiz to keep clean.
    By baby number 2 we cleaned it up sold the padded highchair & got the ikea one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm one of those who says no to the ikea one. Yes it's easy to clean. But in terms of comfort and especially a footrest...they're not recommended. As adults I've never talked to anyone who likes to sit with their feet dangling. It's just not comfortable for eating and also not good for posture or core strength.
    I had a techno love n care which was great. I got a stokke tripp trapp when DD was about 18 months. She's three and we're still using it. And probably all be for years to come. Well worth the money.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

michellek  (02-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd started refusing high chairs at 16mo. About the same age she took against her pram. 😕

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have the infasecure the same as the ikea. we just used a foam insert we got from baby bunting in it.
    Also been real easy to pack up and take away camping and on holidays

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The IKEA one is great, but be careful if you have a climber. When I purchased ours it only came with a lap sash - I couldn't keep DS2 in it! I would pop into the kitchen and come back to find him standing on the table!

I got this one instead https://www.bigw.com.au/product/dymp...0000000227625/, basic plastic one but with a 5 point harness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I'm one of those who says no to the ikea one. Yes it's easy to clean. But in terms of comfort and especially a footrest...they're not recommended. As adults I've never talked to anyone who likes to sit with their feet dangling. It's just not comfortable for eating and also not good for posture or core strength.
    I had a techno love n care which was great. I got a stokke tripp trapp when DD was about 18 months. She's three and we're still using it. And probably all be for years to come. Well worth the money.
    I'm an adult who is short, feet dangling from chairs is something. I've gotten used to, not caused me any health problems so far ( I'm 44) Stokke are rip off imo.