+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Good one @WaitRose.

I occasionally responded "as far as I know you can't get pregnant from swallowing, so no time soon!" but I mostly used to deflect those questions. My husband used to say "when we can find a decent used one at a good price" which really confused a few people.

We are both ultra-private, and very self-contained as a couple. We talk to each other a lot but not really to anyone else at all. We both have families which are uncomplicated but who we find very difficult. We didn't want to tell anyone, and I initially refused the fitness program at our clinic because I didn't want anyone to know anything about me and that I was having fertility treatment.

Last edited by buffalo speedway; 05-01-2016 at 13:38. Reason: Fix spelling . . .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buffalo speedway For This Useful Post:

pillowhead  (06-01-2016),Tinachris  (05-01-2016)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @buffy me and my hubby are exactly the same, very reserved people.
    I find myself even becoming more reserved with the few friends I have as I just don't want them asking me about when we are having babies. I'm hibernating big time.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've only ever been asked this question from my parents, but my response would be the same with anyone else (other than super close friends)..."don't know yet". And if they start pushing for a different answer I would either say the same thing again or flat out ignore them. I'm okay with being blunt or coming across rude to certain people. It's such an invasive question it surprises me how many people lack the tact to just not ask.

I actually told DP not to tell ANYONE when we start trying except maybe his best friend, although TBH I find most people I know are thoughtful enough to let us be (and a lot of them don't actually care because it doesn't effect them, anyway).