+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome, Thank-you all so much for your replies, greatly appreciated. Found out I'm eligible for a payment that qualifies so will just have to wait 26wks, thought I'd give it a crack at least, worst case they'll just say no. Thanks again

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abbibritznik For This Useful Post:

crt22  (04-02-2016),Tamtam  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbibritznik View Post
    Awesome, Thank-you all so much for your replies, greatly appreciated. Found out I'm eligible for a payment that qualifies so will just have to wait 26wks, thought I'd give it a crack at least, worst case they'll just say no. Thanks again
    I was actually told by centrelink that with the letter from them after 26 weeks the super fund can't really say no.
    Whether that's true or not I'm not sure. I got it. No questions asked. Remember as pp said you'll be taxed so don't expect $10000

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine about 2 months ago and i just got all my money i got taxed on this years return back around 2000. So yes you get taxed but you get it all back if your not working come tax time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I was actually told by centrelink that with the letter from them after 26 weeks the super fund can't really say no.
    Whether that's true or not I'm not sure. I got it. No questions asked. Remember as pp said you'll be taxed so don't expect $10000
    This is incorrect - or at least was last year when I had funds released to me. All the Centrelink letter is is confirmation that you have been in receipt of benefits, I also had to provide details of my circumstances as well as proof of everything I was intending to use the money for. It is up to the individual funds to assess whether you meet the criteria or not from the information provided.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely wrong.
    We don't even ask our members for the letter when assessing a claim. We require the CRN which we check against centrelinks systems. I had a lady supply the q230 letter then Centrelink said she was ineligible so therefore we legally aren't allowed to process and we always check the crn so we meet govt requirements. Some super funds don't require evidence of financial hardship (a very small amount) but still need to come back as eligible when checking crn electronically

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told by my super that if you've been on payments for 26 weeks , an eligible payment they cant decline you . That was MLC they where great to deal with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    This is incorrect - or at least was last year when I had funds released to me. All the Centrelink letter is is confirmation that you have been in receipt of benefits, I also had to provide details of my circumstances as well as proof of everything I was intending to use the money for. It is up to the individual funds to assess whether you meet the criteria or not from the information provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by azelqra View Post
    Definitely wrong.
    We don't even ask our members for the letter when assessing a claim. We require the CRN which we check against centrelinks systems. I had a lady supply the q230 letter then Centrelink said she was ineligible so therefore we legally aren't allowed to process and we always check the crn so we meet govt requirements. Some super funds don't require evidence of financial hardship (a very small amount) but still need to come back as eligible when checking crn electronically
    Yes you have to provide further information about overdue bills etc.
    But if you have the letter. .and talk to your fund they are usually quite helpful for those who desperately need it. You're only eligible for a certain amount of days from issue of the letter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes you have to provide further information about overdue bills etc.
    But if you have the letter. .and talk to your fund they are usually quite helpful for those who desperately need it. You're only eligible for a certain amount of days from issue of the letter.
    mine wasn't - I had to jump through many hoops & the trustee initially declined my application

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt have to supply any bills . Just google "financial hardship early release of super 'super name' form" and it the application you need to fill out for your fund should come up with all the details you need MLC all you have to supply was a photo copy of your ID signed by a JP the form isn't needed if you supply you crn on the form its the same thing they can look up your details with it anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild_flower View Post
    I didnt have to supply any bills . Just google "financial hardship early release of super 'super name' form" and it the application you need to fill out for your fund should come up with all the details you need MLC all you have to supply was a photo copy of your ID signed by a JP the form isn't needed if you supply you crn on the form its the same thing they can look up your details with it anyway
    My fund wanted the form the q230. As did my hubby's fund. But yeah. .why can't they just look it up with your crn??!! Makes sense i guess. I had to get jp certified forms.

I don't know about others but our funds were certainly very helpful. And did everything they could to help us get some money. Perhaps the extra paperwork I supplied helped?
    Not sure but apart from having to do the paperwork I found it quite an easy process and was a lifesaver.