+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks1 View Post
    Oh and I used ultrasound therapy for the second bout and it definitely worked well! All the lumps and redness cleared much faster than the first time.
    Ultrasound therapy was awesome, never needed first 2 times but worked quickly the 3rs time when hot showers and massage failed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

Sweetcheeks1  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    I have been massaging religiously today and think it's getting better but it's still a bit hard and a little tender. Tmr is my last day of antibiotics. I'm not sure it'll be completely healed by then.

Thanks @Sweetcheeks1. Who would have thot even getting to 12 weeks of breastfeeding would feel like an uphill climb. Here I thot yeh 6 months but now that seems so far away.
    I know what you mean, I just didn't consider that I would have any issues and was always aiming for 6 months. I was really disappointed but in the end I realised I was putting the pressure on myself and the best thing for DS and my mental health was formula feeding.......not that I'm saying that's the right thing for you!! If it's still tender I would go back to the doctor and see what they suggest, I wouldn't leave it and hope it got better, it may not have cleared properly yet and you might need another course of antibiotics and I'd seriously recommend the ultrasound.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Still tender so will head back to gp. Going to go to the one that is also a lactation consultant this time. Last time I had to go to any dr as it was New Year's Eve and it was urgent as I had 39 degree fever! Wil also call around about the ultrasound therapy. I'm in Melbourne - any suggestions of a good place for those that live here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes breasts can be bruised after lumps and mastitis and you have to be really gentle with them to prevent further injury. Good luck it does hurt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Booked in to see the physio and see if they recommend ultrasound therapy. Can't wait for it to be gone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ultrasound therapy done and just in time ds was starting to fuss on that boob. Then luckily he fed on it afterwards. For those that did the therapy how many sessions did you do? They told me to do 2-3.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Sweetcheeks1  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only needed 2 as went as soon as i could and continued massage at home still

Thanks
    Reviews
    @wobblermummy when yours went away did it not feel tender at all? Is that how I know? Mine still feels slightly tender to touch. I can't tell if the lumps fully gone or not tho. I'm seeing my lactation consultant gp on thu hopefully she can tell me. The physio wasn't very good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was still a little sore, probably doesnt help with massaging. 3/4's of my boob turned into a rock and as soon as it was soft and wobbly again i knew it was ok. Id had a week of antibitics it started to clear then went rock hard again and more painful so went straight back to gp then physio as heard good things about ultrasound therapy. Next time ill book in to therapy same time as antibiotics

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine has gone soft again but still something there. Not as soft as it was before. Yeh and don't know if it's still tender from massage or because it's still there.

Did you go back on antibiotics or just do the therapy? Had my last dose today and don't think I'll continue another dose. Can't be good for me and the infection and my temperature has gone. Physio said I shouldn't do another round.