+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did your supply return after mastitis?

Hi ladies, me again. After getting my supply back quite quickly after my cold it came back too quickly and cos I was so tired and sick my lowered immune system meant I got a really horrible bout of mastitis. I was too scared to increase my supply again this time so just fed regularly and hoped this would be enough to gently bring my supply back up but after 48 hrs it's still low and I feel like it's getting lower. I'm on antibiotics as well now.

Question - did your supply come back up after mastitis and if so when did it come back? Are there ladies out there who had permanent reduction in supply after mastits?

I'm back on trying to increase supply again - pumping vitamins etc... I feel so depleted, third time I've had to work to get supply back up. Feel like I keep getting knocked back down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gelati. I had mastitis when my DD was a week old. Ended up being hospitalized and on IV antibiotics for it and also because my RBC count was low (79). I felt so terrible. My supply came back as normal. But I really focused on drinking water and eating all the healthy foods etc. How old is your bub? I got my mastitis at a strange time too as I guess I was just starting to establish my supply. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi love
    Mastitis is a ***** isnt it!! Ive had a run in with her 8 times!! My ds is 17 months old and he is still very much attached (hitting me this very second becaus eim trying to wean him) ive always had an over supply and i cant really say thati ever had a decrease even with mastitis tbh :/ sorry im not mich help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi l.j - oh you poor thing how awful. And when your little one was so young too. Mastitis is a horrible thing. My son is 10 weeks old and supply hadn't established yet until I got sick but it was in a good place.

That's so good yours came back. I wonder if my son is too old for my supply to come back now and my breasts are starting to settle into this low supply

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Luanajo - eek yuk so many times. Did you get a fever each time. Poor thing you can say that again. It's awful - nature making bfing even harder for us. Luckily it didn't effect your supply but still feel for you for getting it so many times. I wished I had over supply but after mastitis I realise that had its own problems too. If only they made bfing easier. Were you ever on antibiotics?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope yours continues Gelati. Sounds like u r doing all the right things. Vitamins etc. Have u tried talking with a breast feeding consultant? I also remember my midwives got me onto Sustagen (mix it like a drink) as I needed the extra calories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @L.j. I spoke to aba and they said it should come back but felt like it was less today so got worried. Guess I just gotta be patient and keep going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine did, I got mastitis at 2 weeks after birth, it was bad. I had temps etc and requires anti biotics, once I recovered it returned and I nursed him til 2.5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Nemmi1987. I hope mine comes back when I recover. Can I ask how long did it take for your lumps to go away? Did you need to massage to get rid of them? My fever has gone and lump and pain come down but still there. When I take neurofen it helps with inflammation but it comes back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Nemmi1987. I hope mine comes back when I recover. Can I ask how long did it take for your lumps to go away? Did you need to massage to get rid of them? My fever has gone and lump and pain come down but still there. When I take neurofen it helps with inflammation but it comes back.