Closed Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I think a dress code is fine.

I would not like someone showing up to a christening in a maxi dress day or afternoon
    wtf!?

what if it was a dressy maxi in a "formal" color like navy? my friend has a gorgeous maxi she got from sheike that's navy and with some blingy sandals and nice accessories and a clutch she looks stunning.

nobody's talking about a muumuu or beach kaftan 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can only guess that the person who invited the OP has a completely bogan red-neck family with no clue whatsoever about what's considered appropriate for a christening. It's just too bizarre!! If I held a christening I'd just be happy that anyone turned up!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's so varied. Smart casual to me means a nice pair of jeans, nice shoes and nice top and swish handbag and that I would wear to a christening.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    nothing too plunging or booby for church either. that first maxi is stunning (in the pics posted above) but I'd feel a bit "on show" wearing it to church.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you ladies for your responses. It has seriously confused me....I actually asked the person earlier who requested the "dress code" what they would want me to wear and not to wear.

Black is bad apparently....my wardrobe consists of mostly black.

Now I'm not a big spender on clothing....I'm quiet plain and just shop at tempt or valley girl. So once I get my answer I'll go and look for something.

(Please don't judge on where I shop) they have nice clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Thank you ladies for your responses. It has seriously confused me....I actually asked the person earlier who requested the "dress code" what they would want me to wear and not to wear.

Black is bad apparently....my wardrobe consists of mostly black.

Now I'm not a big spender on clothing....I'm quiet plain and just shop at tempt or valley girl. So once I get my answer I'll go and look for something.

(Please don't judge on where I shop) they have nice clothes.
    They do have nice clothes, I often get things from there. Jay jays can have some good stuff too sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously just wear what the hell you want, even black. Just watch there will be quite a few ppl in black.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Oh I've been in your situation before with people telling me specifically what I can and can't wear, it's so annoying!

I really feel for you. If it's causing you stress don't be afraid to just rsvp no. I've done that before when I was told I couldn't wear anything I own and I should buy something new. Like you I'm not really into clothes and I don't see the point in buying something to only wear once. If people really want your company they won't care what you wear.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (03-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I just ask what you would wear to dinner with friends? Just wear that tbh. Even if there is black in the outfit it would not be a big deal. If shopping especially for something is stressing you out - then don't worry about it and go with what you have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    It's so varied. Smart casual to me means a nice pair of jeans, nice shoes and nice top and swish handbag and that I would wear to a christening.
    it is so varied. I would, and have, worn jeans to a christening in a church. Just recently I wore my very favourite jeans (that can be dressed up with heels or down with thongs), heels, nice loose singlet type top, beads and took a little handbag. I definitely did not stand out for being under dressed.

OP, find something comfy that you will wear again, team it with nice sandals and you will be fine.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (03-01-2016)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast