+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Don't feel pregnant in 2nd trimester

Hi Ladies,

I'm wondering if it's normal to not feel pregnant in the second trimester. I had really bad morning sickness that disappeared around week 14 and now at 19 weeks I just feel.... nothing. No real signs or symptoms anymore. Everything is fine as I recently had a scan but is it normal to feel this way?
    Last edited by VVPreg; 01-01-2016 at 19:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it is. The second trimester is well known as being the happy-glowy-sunshine-and-rainbows trimester. Before the horrid discomfort of 3rd hits. I definitely "felt pregnant" in second tri as I had a very obvious belly early on, and felt movement very early too. But I didn't really have preggo symptoms and that's normal. In fact I didn't really have symptoms in 1st tri either, no nausea or anything.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

VVPreg  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Perfectly normal

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

VVPreg  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes - enjoy it while it lasts! You should start to feel movements soon if not already.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For some lucky ladies it is haha
    Enjoy it whilst it lasts

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's normal. I have an anterior placenta and didn't feel reel kicks until 23 weeks, then he was off and running with them.

Once you hit 20 weeks, things tend to go so fast, so like others have said, enjoy it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still have really horrible morning sickness at 17 weeks but I am starting to feel like it is just my life now and sometimes don't feel pregnant too haha

I have a little belly, and I did feel the baby move heaps around Christmas but haven't felt it as much now. The doctor said everything was fine though. I feel like when I am huge, that is when I will really feel pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Normal. I used to forget I was pregnant a lot of the time (e.g. weaned my toddler and got excited about being able to have a wine.. then remembered I was pregnant lol).

Don't stress - it is a good thing if you feel good, have some energy and are not too big yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    totally normal- I only had 2 weeks of it before I was hit with other symptoms, but it was nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in that limbo at the moment, at 16wks I feel better, and being my first my bump still feels more like bloat and not kicks yet (although I think I feel some flutters) it's so strange.

Had a scan at 14w and all good now waiting for my 20w scan in 4 weeks, feels like such a long way away.

Like others have said I am going to try enjoy feeling more like myself while I can and start trying to be more active and go for walks etc. but yes this 2nd trimester is strange!