+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    so u still have to pay fees if ur child is usually there on say a Monday but its a public holiday and they are closed?
    The staff still get paid for public holidays, so if it's a public holiday and your child is usually there that day, you have to pay. Seems reasonable to me, my work still pays me when it's a public holiday

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    At my centre you don't pay for public holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    The staff still get paid for public holidays, so if it's a public holiday and your child is usually there that day, you have to pay. Seems reasonable to me, my work still pays me when it's a public holiday
    Hmm i dont agree, how is it relevant that your employer pays you for public holidays? . Just like any business that closes on a PH have to pay their fulltime and permanent PT staff even tho they too arent open for business and missing out on earnings for the day.

The centre arent looking after your kids that day, therefore i dont think its reasonable that parents should pay for care they arent receiving

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (02-01-2016),GrabbyCrabby  (02-01-2016),JustJaq  (02-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My daycare increased my fees half way through 2015, because of the increased ratios in 2016.

Is there any watchdog for child care fees and the increases? I hardly think it's fair I've had to pay for something 6 months earlier than it is to be implemented.

I will have two children in care in 2016, I haven't worked out my out of pocket expenses, I really don't want to. I know I will run out of the rebate early, as I ran out 3/4 through the year with just one child in care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm i dont agree, how is it relevant that your employer pays you for public holidays? . Just like any business that closes on a PH have to pay their fulltime and permanent PT staff even tho they too arent open for business and missing out on earnings for the day.

The centre arent looking after your kids that day, therefore i dont think its reasonable that parents should pay for care they arent receiving
    Oops meant to quote not thank. ..

The other option is building the extra cost into the everyday fee - eg extra $5 or $10 per day everyday. It would all work out the same in the end (for kids going everyday - people just paying for Mondays get a bit hard done by at the moment given that lots of public holidays are Mondays).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Oops meant to quote not thank. ..

The other option is building the extra cost into the everyday fee - eg extra $5 or $10 per day everyday. It would all work out the same in the end (for kids going everyday - people just paying for Mondays get a bit hard done by at the moment given that lots of public holidays are Mondays).
    Totally agree with this

One way or another, we will be paying for the staff's wages for public holidays, whether it is charging for public holidays when the kids aren't there, or higher daily rates throughout the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    At my centre you don't pay for public holidays.
    Possibly they've built it into the $108 you pay daily.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm merely saying that I'm getting paid by my employer when I'm not doing any work on a public holiday, so it's only fair that the childcare staff are also getting paid when they aren't there. Childcare centre's make their money through the revenue they raise from parents paying for care, so if they have to pay staff for public holidays, they have to earn it somehow

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (02-01-2016)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Possibly they've built it into the $108 you pay daily.
    Yes, probably. But I think that's the more appropriate way of doing it. Just like you would have to in any other business!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (02-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The daycare I'm moving my son to is shut for 4 weeks at Christmas to late jan. My partner and I are just going to have to work it out with work (both of us working from home somehow during that period), it's FAR from ideal though

Once my second bub comes along it will cost us 33k a year for both in full time CC OOP. Really looking forward to them going to school!!

FWIW I've had to pay for public holidays in all the centers (4) my son has been to.

Plus the reduced parental pay *grumble grumble*
    Last edited by Bongley; 02-01-2016 at 15:07.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (12-01-2016)