+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default baby carrier for short torso

We have a bjorn ONE. We bought it because it is easy to buckle and handled by one person. DH tried it out at the time because i was preg. He is very tall. Now i find that bub hang too low for me because i am short. It seems to be designed for tall torso. Bub is 6.5kg so wrap might be a bit uncomfortable. Need recommendation so i can carrying him around the house in a day when he just wants to sleep on me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe try the manduca.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Baby Bjorn One and a Baby Bjorn Synergy. I agree - the One does seem made for a longer torso. I often can't get my hands in my pockets with the One on. I do like it though. The Synergy on the other hand seems shorter. The weight limit is less though, and i don't think it does forward facing (or if it does, i don't use it because it doesn't have leg support).

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Synergy carries more weight through the shoulders, but for a 6.5kg bub, this shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default baby carrier for short torso

You could look up baby wearer groups in your city/area on Facebook. For example - Perth Baby Wearers. They often have meets where you can go and try on a bunch of different carriers/wraps, many of which aren't available in baby shops. The people that run them are usually experienced and can show you how to use/adjust the different carriers/wraps, and they generally aren't selling anything so advice is less biased than you might expect in a retail store.

I've got a pretty short torso and used tula and ergo carriers. If I ever have another baby, I'll probably look at ring slings and woven wraps, but the ergo and tula have served us well through baby and now toddler phase.

Good luck! It makes life so much easier having a carrier that suits you.
    Last edited by clbj; 01-01-2016 at 18:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like my tula this time around

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use a combination of a mei tei and a Lenny Lamb carrier. I tried other carriers & they didn't sit right on my torso or shoulders, being petite.
    I second joining your local babywearing group, most groups have a sling library you can try a bunch of different carriers before buying.