+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default No period yet

Hi all

My baby is nearly 8 months, fully breastfed. Still haven't had my period! I know it can happen but I'm freaking out a bit. I did start the mini pill when she was 6 months, I know that can possibly prevent it? I haven't used the mini pill before. I really should just do a test but I don't have the courage! Have felt very hungry, too and not sure if it's just feeding-hungry or it's gotten worse.. Someone kick me in the bum and tell me to get a test..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After my first DD it took 12 months to get AF back. It's completely normal for it not to return for some time yet but if you're feeling concerned, there's no harm in testing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 13.5 months postpartum, down to 3 feeds a day and no sign of AF. It can happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    After my first DD it took 12 months to get AF back. It's completely normal for it not to return for some time yet but if you're feeling concerned, there's no harm in testing.
    Thanks. I think I would "know" if I was. I knew right away that I was pregnant with my daughter though they say each pregnancy is different. Maybe it's just odd not having it for so long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I'm 13.5 months postpartum, down to 3 feeds a day and no sign of AF. It can happen.
    Yeah I've heard can be like that until you've completely weaned... Might do a test tomorrow just to reassure myself! Are you back at work Tiny Dancer? I'd like to continue feeding and figure I would be on around 3 at that age too though I'm going back to work in April.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I had to extend mat leave because PND was kicking my butt. I'm back in Feb, and going to start cutting back the feed in the middle of the day, until I get rid of it completely. I'll still do one in the morning and one before bed... and we may do one over night - I'm going back FT, and he may need the extra comfort.

I've got a friend whose DS is 3 weeks younger than mine. She does one short feed a day and still hasn't got AF back either.

Testing might be a good idea. It will give you peace of mind. But I'm sure you're fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd was 15mths & ds 13mths when mine returned. Both were fully bf (were still bf when it returned) and had been sleeping through the night from very early on. I also started the mini pill both times after my 6wk check. I just enjoyed the lovely break!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    Dd was 15mths & ds 13mths when mine returned. Both were fully bf (were still bf when it returned) and had been sleeping through the night from very early on. I also started the mini pill both times after my 6wk check. I just enjoyed the lovely break!
    Yeah it's great!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default No period yet

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    No, I had to extend mat leave because PND was kicking my butt. I'm back in Feb, and going to start cutting back the feed in the middle of the day, until I get rid of it completely. I'll still do one in the morning and one before bed... and we may do one over night - I'm going back FT, and he may need the extra comfort.

I've got a friend whose DS is 3 weeks younger than mine. She does one short feed a day and still hasn't got AF back either.

Testing might be a good idea. It will give you peace of mind. But I'm sure you're fine.
    I hope you are feeling a bit better. I was borderline for awhile there but seemed to pull out of it. I may be going back FT as well, . Not sure yet. We are building and I earn the greater wage.

Not sure what to do about the lunchtime feed and how to manage it, or drop it before then.

We had a terrible time with feeding early on but she won't take a bottle at all now and progress with the cup is very slow.

She's only 6.5kg and not quite 8 months yet so I don't want to drop any yet.

Anyways I will do the test for peace of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes... I'd be surprised if DS was much over 8 kg. He's a skinny little thing. But I feed him all the time. He loves food. He just quite literally never stops. Even in his sleep he is super active.

Can you express at work?