+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0

    Default No period yet

    Hi all

    My baby is nearly 8 months, fully breastfed. Still haven't had my period! I know it can happen but I'm freaking out a bit. I did start the mini pill when she was 6 months, I know that can possibly prevent it? I haven't used the mini pill before. I really should just do a test but I don't have the courage! Have felt very hungry, too and not sure if it's just feeding-hungry or it's gotten worse.. Someone kick me in the bum and tell me to get a test..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Posts
    3,604
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After my first DD it took 12 months to get AF back. It's completely normal for it not to return for some time yet but if you're feeling concerned, there's no harm in testing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks
    1,068
    Thanked
    818
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 13.5 months postpartum, down to 3 feeds a day and no sign of AF. It can happen.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    After my first DD it took 12 months to get AF back. It's completely normal for it not to return for some time yet but if you're feeling concerned, there's no harm in testing.
    Thanks. I think I would "know" if I was. I knew right away that I was pregnant with my daughter though they say each pregnancy is different. Maybe it's just odd not having it for so long.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I'm 13.5 months postpartum, down to 3 feeds a day and no sign of AF. It can happen.
    Yeah I've heard can be like that until you've completely weaned... Might do a test tomorrow just to reassure myself! Are you back at work Tiny Dancer? I'd like to continue feeding and figure I would be on around 3 at that age too though I'm going back to work in April.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks
    1,068
    Thanked
    818
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, I had to extend mat leave because PND was kicking my butt. I'm back in Feb, and going to start cutting back the feed in the middle of the day, until I get rid of it completely. I'll still do one in the morning and one before bed... and we may do one over night - I'm going back FT, and he may need the extra comfort.

    I've got a friend whose DS is 3 weeks younger than mine. She does one short feed a day and still hasn't got AF back either.

    Testing might be a good idea. It will give you peace of mind. But I'm sure you're fine.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,613
    Thanks
    1,495
    Thanked
    686
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd was 15mths & ds 13mths when mine returned. Both were fully bf (were still bf when it returned) and had been sleeping through the night from very early on. I also started the mini pill both times after my 6wk check. I just enjoyed the lovely break!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    Dd was 15mths & ds 13mths when mine returned. Both were fully bf (were still bf when it returned) and had been sleeping through the night from very early on. I also started the mini pill both times after my 6wk check. I just enjoyed the lovely break!
    Yeah it's great!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0

    Default No period yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    No, I had to extend mat leave because PND was kicking my butt. I'm back in Feb, and going to start cutting back the feed in the middle of the day, until I get rid of it completely. I'll still do one in the morning and one before bed... and we may do one over night - I'm going back FT, and he may need the extra comfort.

    I've got a friend whose DS is 3 weeks younger than mine. She does one short feed a day and still hasn't got AF back either.

    Testing might be a good idea. It will give you peace of mind. But I'm sure you're fine.
    I hope you are feeling a bit better. I was borderline for awhile there but seemed to pull out of it. I may be going back FT as well, . Not sure yet. We are building and I earn the greater wage.

    Not sure what to do about the lunchtime feed and how to manage it, or drop it before then.

    We had a terrible time with feeding early on but she won't take a bottle at all now and progress with the cup is very slow.

    She's only 6.5kg and not quite 8 months yet so I don't want to drop any yet.

    Anyways I will do the test for peace of mind.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks
    1,068
    Thanked
    818
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes... I'd be surprised if DS was much over 8 kg. He's a skinny little thing. But I feed him all the time. He loves food. He just quite literally never stops. Even in his sleep he is super active.

    Can you express at work?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Light period
    By MrsMiller in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-12-2015, 06:11
  2. First period after D & C
    By FTMumma in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-04-2015, 13:42
  3. Period following a miscarriage
    By maybee baybee in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-03-2015, 20:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Mother and Baby Shop
Save $$$ during our Christmas Sale Mother and Baby Shop
Great prices on Schoenhut kids pianos, toys, baby clothing as well as big brands like Pigeon, NUK, Cherub Baby and many more. Sale starts on 1 November 2016 and ends on the 27 December 2016. Hurry! Place your order today!
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Hills Swimming Kenthurst
Located in the beautiful suburb of Kenthurst and boasts a heated 25m pool. We conduct world-leading Baby and Parent Classes, Preschool Classes, School Age and Squad Training. Our classes are small, our service personal and our quality of the highest.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!