+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 294
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    250
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked
    205
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Just been grocery shopping and brought lots of veges and prepared a few tubs of vege sticks to eat with humus as snacks.
    Yum!! Am addicted to hummus!

    Had a tuna and veggie pasta for dinner - delish!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,377
    Thanks
    1,504
    Thanked
    883
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went for a short walk with dd and then played some backyard tennis on a stick thing so am feeling happy to get a bit of physical activity. Have also brushed my teeth in hopes it will stop me from snacking.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,374
    Thanks
    2,571
    Thanked
    3,785
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last year my resolution was to eat 100% clean for all of January and I ended up carrying it on into Feb and lost 6kg in 6 weeks. I weighed myself this morning and I have put that back on plus another 1.5kg! I was supposed to start eating clean again today with the same aim as last year but I hadn't planned for it very well so didn't go so well. Im going to write a meal plan tonight and do groceries tomorrow.
    We did do a 6km walk this morning though so I wouldn't say today was a complete write off.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Adelaide, SA
    Posts
    2,116
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked
    699
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wandered to the service station / On the Run thing and back twice today, so about 35 to 40 minutes all up, although the second time I came back with an ice cream on a stick.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    575
    Thanked
    597
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Last year my resolution was to eat 100% clean for all of January and I ended up carrying it on into Feb and lost 6kg in 6 weeks. I weighed myself this morning and I have put that back on plus another 1.5kg! I was supposed to start eating clean again today with the same aim as last year but I hadn't planned for it very well so didn't go so well. Im going to write a meal plan tonight and do groceries tomorrow.
    We did do a 6km walk this morning though so I wouldn't say today was a complete write off.
    I'd love to hear about some of your clean eating meals!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

    MyDino  (01-01-2016)

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,374
    Thanks
    2,571
    Thanked
    3,785
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    I'd love to hear about some of your clean eating meals!
    I focus on nutrient density of foods rather than worrying about calories. So plenty of veggies, fruit, grains as close to their natural state as possible like quinoa, brown rice and oats, meat, lots of raw nuts and seeds, only good oils / fats like butter, coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil. I find dairy a bit confusing because I'm not going to drink raw milk, so I just make sure I have full-fat dairy that has as few ingredients as possible. So full cream milk, greek yogurt, pure cream, sour cream, tasty cheese, etc.

    I wish my Pinterest wasn't linked to my identity because I could just share my boards with you! But a few of my favorite clean lunch or dinner recipes are:

    http://cancookwilltravel.com/mexican...azy-guacamole/

    http://www.closetcooking.com/2014/10...dried.html?m=1

    http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/11/s...stless-quiche/

    http://skinnymixers.com.au/skinnymix...-chicken-kiev/

    http://www.aspicyperspective.com/chi...he-slow-cooker

    Note: where I could, I swap ready-made ingredients for home made. So I make my own stock in my Bellini and it is very easy to make homemade "sundried" tomatoes in the oven.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

    My Beloved Ones  (02-01-2016),wobbleyhorse  (02-01-2016)

  9. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0

    Default January Weight Loss Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I focus on nutrient density of foods rather than worrying about calories. So plenty of veggies, fruit, grains as close to their natural state as possible like quinoa, brown rice and oats, meat, lots of raw nuts and seeds, only good oils / fats like butter, coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil. I find dairy a bit confusing because I'm not going to drink raw milk, so I just make sure I have full-fat dairy that has as few ingredients as possible. So full cream milk, greek yogurt, pure cream, sour cream, tasty cheese, etc.

    I wish my Pinterest wasn't linked to my identity because I could just share my boards with you! But a few of my favorite clean lunch or dinner recipes are:

    http://cancookwilltravel.com/mexican...azy-guacamole/

    http://www.closetcooking.com/2014/10...dried.html?m=1

    http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/11/s...stless-quiche/

    http://skinnymixers.com.au/skinnymix...-chicken-kiev/

    http://www.aspicyperspective.com/chi...he-slow-cooker

    Note: where I could, I swap ready-made ingredients for home made. So I make my own stock in my Bellini and it is very easy to make homemade "sundried" tomatoes in the oven.
    What do you believe makes coconut oil healthier or as healthy as olive oil? Genuinely interested. I know it's been promoted as a health giving food but is there robust evidence supporting that? It's saturated fat after all, instead of the mono you get from olive oil. Of course all in moderation and you're clearly eating amazing and healthy Stuff. Yum!
    Last edited by Leksie5000; 02-01-2016 at 09:17.

  10. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    575
    Thanked
    597
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much JR03! Yum, I can't wait to sit down and have a look at those sites later on today!

    30mins on the treaty done for today. Having a nice cold glass of water before contemplating breakky. Enjoy your Saturday everyone

  11. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked
    700
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Happy Saturday ladies.
    Plan for today is to do a workout and take the dog for a walk this arvo.
    Foodwise: Breakfast was avocado, tomato and half a tin of tuna on rye toast.
    Planning on an omelette for lunch and something with chicken and veggies for dinner.
    oh and drink at least 2.5L water today

  12. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    575
    Thanked
    597
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabochan View Post
    .
    oh and drink at least 2.5L water today
    Yes! I need to drink heaps more water too!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Countdown to Christmas Weight Loss Challenge
    By Catzilla in forum Weightloss & Fitness Challenges
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 23-12-2015, 13:55
  2. 8 week Spring Weight Loss Challenge
    By delirium in forum Weightloss & Fitness Challenges
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 19-10-2015, 13:57
  3. The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge winners!
    By BH-community in forum The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2015, 21:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Swim Australia
Swim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim Schools located across the country, through our aquatic education, we aim to build a Safer, Smarter, Stronger nation of swimmers.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!