+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's been an up and down week for me. I hurt my right knee so haven't been exercising. Food wise, some days have been ok. I think I've put on the kilo I lost last week, I'll weigh in tomorrow to find out. Not looking forward to it!
    It's been great to read everyone's progress, I'm inspired by you all! You are all doing so great.
    Plan for this week is to be super strict on my eating and start taking these tablets I've bought. Exercise with the kids- but no jogging until my knee is back to normal.
    Have a great day everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January Weight Loss Challenge

Checking in, eating wasn't so great today, took the kids to the movies but I don't mind occasional indulgences, if I go too hardcore I get obsessive and I go a bit mental. I have done 10,000 or above steps everyday. Just finished my c25k week 2 day 1, it was a nice one today, the cooler weather certainly helped. Hope everyone is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I'm so embarrassed... I've being doing really great this week both food and exercise wise (plus not a drop of alcohol which is huge for me) and after body combat @ the gym I came home with the shakes and started vomiting... Talk about unfit!!!
    Remember it won't stay that way! You will be super fit before you know it! Keep going

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay so my weight loss isn't going well at all. First I lost 600g in two days just with clean eating and swimming and then bang I put on more than 2kg in a week.... HOW?! Ugh feeling so down and so frustrated. I can't believe it. I'm going to be doing an FET next week and this is not what I wanted to have happen! I'm supposed to be losing weight and I don't want to do anything to distract to shock my body.... I'm stuck 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Okay so my weight loss isn't going well at all. First I lost 600g in two days just with clean eating and swimming and then bang I put on more than 2kg in a week.... HOW?! Ugh feeling so down and so frustrated. I can't believe it. I'm going to be doing an FET next week and this is not what I wanted to have happen! I'm supposed to be losing weight and I don't want to do anything to distract to shock my body.... I'm stuck 😔
    Try not to get too down on yourself, when I started my fitness/weight loss journey I put on almost 4kg in the first 4 weeks but at my 6 week measurement I had lost heaps in centre meters! It's so disheartening at times but try to push through, we all have good weeks and bad weeks!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama of 1 For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! Whilst I'm not eating anything that's really that bad I think maybe I should cut all portions in half. It's the only thing I can think to do at this point. I'm eating food that *normal* people would eat but still putting on weight. It's just so crap! I'll see how I go over the week after cutting portions. I'll also try and bump the exercise up it the rain would go away! Swimming is best for because of a knee injury but the water gets cold after heavy rain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! Whilst I'm not eating anything that's really that bad I think maybe I should cut all portions in half. It's the only thing I can think to do at this point. I'm eating food that *normal* people would eat but still putting on weight. It's just so crap! I'll see how I go over the week after cutting portions. I'll also try and bump the exercise up it the rain would go away! Swimming is best for because of a knee injury but the water gets cold after heavy rain.
    Food scales and my fitness pal.

I was doing normal portions of what I thought were pretty healthy home made meals - turns out there was 800 cal per serve in some those recipes, which was a big shock!!

I know weigh and log everything (the recipe builder in MFP is awesome) and aim for ~500 cal/serve.

Think of drinks - coffees, juices, alcohol etc - all of them can be quite sneakily full of calories.

Salad dressings and cooking oil. Olive oil is around 100 cal/tbsp which is fine if you're cooking 5 serves of meat in it, but not so great if you're only cooking one serve meat.
    Last edited by alliecat89; 15-01-2016 at 07:12.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (15-01-2016),TortoiseNotTheHare  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So something must be happening to my body, my already fairly loose work jeans are comically baggy today 😂. I work in a paint shop so all my jeans have paint on them and I'll be damned if I wear my one non painty pair of jeans to work so they don't fall down hahaha

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

Mama of 1  (15-01-2016),My Beloved Ones  (15-01-2016),teenie  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try having a glass of worm lemon water first thing in the morning as well this gets the metabolism working

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyDino For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (15-01-2016),TortoiseNotTheHare  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weigh in wasn't so bad this morning- I've lost 200g, which I know is nothing but I expected to put the 1.3kgs that I lost last week back on.
    So in 2 wks I've lost 1.5kgs.
    I'm about to drink a detox tea then will make some protein balls.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

Mama of 1  (15-01-2016),MyDino  (15-01-2016),teenie  (15-01-2016)