+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My surprise baby is asleep in her cot and 7 months old. The absolute joy of our lives!! I am pro-choice but I strongly believe that unless you are 100% certain a termination is for you, to go ahead with that path is the wrong choice and would be regretted. That you post this in the First Trimester section is telling.

So congratulations to you Mum of 3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mummamegs you could've written my own life in your post. On Boxing Day I did a random hpt and it was positive. This will be baby number 4 for us but my 3rd pregnancy (last pregnancy we had twins). I'm still shocked and frightened! Whatever you decide to do is up to you. But I would say don't make any quick decisions. I feel a lot different now than I did the day I found out. Like the other poster said it has definitely made me think about taking on a more permanent form of contraception after this baby! But the fact that it's happened so randomly and a number of things to do with the timing make hubby and I feel this baby is meant to be part of our lives.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Surprise baby - shocked and scared

Congratulations! Might not be what you want to hear yet. You say termination isn't for you so you may as well get excited. Look on the bright side, you have all the baby stuff ready to go and up to date.

I'm one of three and it was a great way to grow up, if that helps.

My first child is 8 months old and fully breastfed. Still has one feed most though not all nights. STILL haven't gotten my period back at all. I know that can happen but I'm starting to freak a bit! Haven't been able to muster the courage for a test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummamegs View Post
    HUGE shock! Still don't know how it even happened. And I did the hpt so randomly not expecting it to be positive. We had so much trouble conceiving our other two that this baby is a major surprise!
    Were you using contraception?

Congrats by the way.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Surprise baby - shocked and scared

Your story echoes ours. Took us a whole month to get our heads around it. We were only ever planning to have one.

Termination was never an option for me either.

I'm 18 weeks now and definitely excited. This pregnancy is much harder than my first but I accept that

Good luck with your decision. You'll make the right one for you, I'm sure of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. It's definitely going to take a while to get my head around it. I'm more worried about hubby coming to terms with it. He's been very supportive though. I'm still in the initial shock stage.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mummamegs For This Useful Post:

Kimmmm  (01-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel, i am currently 9 weeks pregnant with our 3rd and totally suprised bub. Hubby was the one throwing around termination but my gut would just not allow it. We are going to make it work, i will be in last year of my degree and be pregnant abd with a newborn so stressed but excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support everyone. Hubby is warming to the idea of a third child. I can't believe this is actually happening! Starting to feel excited as well as scared.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummamegs For This Useful Post:

1st timemama  (03-01-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently found out I'm pregnant with my first child. I'm a little younger then most (20) but my boyfriend and I are very excited. I'm quiet scared and I thought being on a forum would be helpful

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mikash95 For This Useful Post:

Kimmmm  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mikash95 View Post
    I recently found out I'm pregnant with my first child. I'm a little younger then most (20) but my boyfriend and I are very excited. I'm quiet scared and I thought being on a forum would be helpful
    Congrats! You'll find plenty of supportive mums and dads here on BH

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mummamegs For This Useful Post:

mikash95  (04-01-2016)