Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im away again and my little girl hates it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids cope ok these days, lots of positive reassurance that Daddy is working hard for all of us & talking about the fun things we can do when he's home... we count down aswell so I think that helps... I've always said to DS 'I know you miss Daddy, so do I, but your Daddy is be best Daddy in the whole world cause he works really hard so Mummy can stay home with you & your sister, otherwise Mummy would have to go to work too' he's 3.5years & has now started sati g stuff like, I don't want you to go to work aswell Mummy cause I'd miss you too, he's starting to get it, lots of reassurance & video calls to get through it... I'm sure they'll understand more as they get older, but for now it works.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (11-10-2016),Mod-Myztik  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    DH flys out tomorrow morning. I hate seeing him pack up his stuff and get ready to go.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (19-10-2016),Mod-Myztik  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    DH flys out tomorrow morning. I hate seeing him pack up his stuff and get ready to go.
    Hugs for tomorrow @DJ Nette
    I was just thinking about this thread today and wondering how everyone was going?
    My DH is still away. Due back 5th November he left in July came home for a week in September (wasn't even a week off he had to work 3 days in Adelaide while back!) then he went away again then came home for 2 days then left again for this stint. So over it. Our 15 month old DD just started walking last week so that makes it hard as he's just missed so much over the past 3 months.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (20-10-2016),Mod-Myztik  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Working away again and did not get to talk to kids beore they went to bed last night

😔

When I ring it is never convenient so I ask her to ring and its always too late

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks @gingermillie at least he is only away 12 days and back with us for 9.

Your situation seems pretty tough. DH did 6 months away where we only so him every month for a weekend (and often not at home we would travel to him) and it was really hard.

Is there an end in sight or a plan for the future. I found it easier when we put boundaries in place about how long we would do certain things.

Good luck to everyone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Working away again and did not get to talk to kids beore they went to bed last night

When I ring it is never convenient so I ask her to ring and its always too late
    That's tough Dave your partner needs to set aside time for the kids to talk to you, that's really important. Hope you spoke to them tonight.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (20-10-2016),Mod-Myztik  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    Thanks @gingermillie at least he is only away 12 days and back with us for 9.

Your situation seems pretty tough. DH did 6 months away where we only so him every month for a weekend (and often not at home we would travel to him) and it was really hard.

Is there an end in sight or a plan for the future. I found it easier when we put boundaries in place about how long we would do certain things.

Good luck to everyone.
    We are in a difficult position as he is actually based in Adelaide where we live but is increasingly being sent away at short notice for long stints. Trouble is if he left his job it would be to work away permanently as there is nowhere else in Adelaide for him to work. So he kind of has to stay and just enjoy the times when he gets to work local and suck up the away. It's hard though as its so unpredictable! Would be easier in some ways if he was on a regular fifo gig as then at least I'd know when he's around.
    12/9 sounds like a decent swing but must be so hard every time on day 9

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    That's tough Dave your partner needs to set aside time for the kids to talk to you, that's really important. Hope you spoke to them tonight.
    Thanks gingermillie. Yes I got to talk to d 6 and s 8. S 4 did not want to talk tonight but i did talk on speaker phone and he could hear me.

Home tomorrow night. Can't wait. Next week might be my lady trip away for a while as there may be local work coming up

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (20-10-2016),gingermillie  (20-10-2016),Mod-Myztik  (20-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hump day here - DF is half way through his swing... I just wish he could move home for good. We are in a similar predicament Gingermillie - there's no work here that DF can do so it's away or nothing. I can't even fantasise about him getting a job here, it's unlikely to ever happen

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (20-10-2016),DJ Nette  (20-10-2016),gingermillie  (20-10-2016),Mod-Myztik  (20-10-2016)