+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    We are moving from Adelaide to Newcastle. I'm really looking forward to the move just the settling in part is going to be the toughest.
    Have you relocated before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Have you relocated before?
    Yes, originally from the Gold Coast. This is our 4th interstate move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Yes, originally from the Gold Coast. This is our 4th interstate move.
    4th!! You're probably very good at it but also very over it...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well done to those still managing! 8 years and 3 kids was enough for us to revert to a "normal" lifestyle. I miss FIFO and so does my DH -moreso for his team BUT life is so much better and easier for all of us with him home (different for everyone I know). We dropped $50k plus when he came home but we manage and it is better for our family now. Kudos to those still managing x I have always worked full time and studied (soon after babies were born) so it has been a really hard slog - much easier now with DH home

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (05-05-2016)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Good thanks. Just plodding along with DP away. I'm starting back at work soon and trying to figure out the logistics of it all. How are you going? Did you see your neighbour again?
    No the owners of her house decided to sell so she moved a few weeks later 😩 I need to catch up with her though to give her some smelly stuff that was back ordered so need to organise that 😁
    My DS2 has started soccer though so am meeting some mums and dads there that seem pretty cool. Fingers crossed I'll at least click with one of them!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm pretty new to FIFO and still trying to get used to it. Last weekend DH was home, we had a great long weekend camping, just DH, DD and I. He went back today and now I'll have Mother's Day weekend just with DD and a mountain of camping washing and usual house stuff. It's such a roller coaster.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Support for parents who partners work away

Mine flew out yesterday and our Mother's Day sound like they will be much the same! Takes a while to get used to it. I don't think I really am yet.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

DJ Nette  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone. Mind if I jump in? My DP has been working/living about 4-5 hrs (depending on roadworks) away from us since early this year. He visits for weekends whenever he can so we can get 3 or 4 weekends in a row or we can not see him for 4 or 5 weeks at a time. I go to him as often as I can but my 1 yr old DS screams often in the car and has no patience for it so trips are a nightmare! I also have a 3yr old DD who misses her daddy terribly and asks about him frequently. I also have 2 DSS aged 12 and 10 who come to see us every 4-5 weeks and I have to go down to DP's house on those weekends/ holiday weeks so that everyone can be together. The days just after we leave DP's after the boys visits are the worst. She gets mad at me "I just wanted to keep boys and daddy! And you gave them away!" Lots of crying. Heartbreaking but currently unavoidable. I would love to have people to chat with that are in similar situations and know how hard it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are a FIFO family aswell, have been as long as DH & I have been together, it is actually how we met! We now have a 1 year old & a 3 year old & I'm a SAHM now... We are currently TTC #3 on his 2/1 roster... We generally cope with FIFO but neither of us like the roster (used to be 8 days on 6 off)... At the moment we are saying 2 more years then back to Perth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join too? DH is not a permanent away worker but he's recently gone back to his old department at work which involves a lot of random away work, always to different places for different lengths of time (anything from overnight to a couple of months straight!). He was away last week then home, he's away this week and then looking at a 7 week stint away starting end of the month. Hard part is there is generally no notice about when he is going away (eg the 7 week trip won't be confirmed until a week before) so it's really hard to plan anything which is frustrating!
    Hats off to you all