+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have major social anxiety so can't just walk up to someone and strike up a convo 😞 it took me 5 years to build the network I did at the old school and that was through p&c stuff but I want to stay away from that this time. Can't handle the clique stuff that goes on anymore.
    Hoping to study very soon so might meet people that way hopefully.

Yeah nights suck. I find the first few nights I fall asleep on the couch because I avoid the empty bed. I clean like a crazy person or wander the shops if I want to avoid the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Hugs. I understand. I do the same too. Sometimes I can seem clingy with new people but it just can get so so so lonely.
    I know the feeling! But the more people I get to know I realise how many others out there are also lonely and want company and might not have the confidence to organise coffee / lunch. So I'm like the ice breaker haha. There are also many who already have lots of friends and don't have time for more. It soon becomes apparent who is who.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Myztik View Post
    I have major social anxiety so can't just walk up to someone and strike up a convo 😞 it took me 5 years to build the network I did at the old school and that was through p&c stuff but I want to stay away from that this time. Can't handle the clique stuff that goes on anymore.
    Hoping to study very soon so might meet people that way hopefully.

Yeah nights suck. I find the first few nights I fall asleep on the couch because I avoid the empty bed. I clean like a crazy person or wander the shops if I want to avoid the house.
    Studying sounds good! It might keep your mind off being home alone. What are you going to study?

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm wanting to do a phlebotomy course which is only 5 weeks but hopefully will lead to a job anyway. Just want something part time that I can work around school hours that won't affect my back problems (got chatting with the last doing my blood test once and turns out we have had the same back surgery etc she said it's the ideal job plus I've always been interested in it and contemplated it over the years).

I have met a girl that lives a few houses down who's DH is also FIFO but she's just had Bub so don't want to hassle her 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I know the feeling! But the more people I get to know I realise how many others out there are also lonely and want company and might not have the confidence to organise coffee / lunch. So I'm like the ice breaker haha. There are also many who already have lots of friends and don't have time for more. It soon becomes apparent who is who.
    Yep. I do that too. a few weeks ago I asked an aldi checkout chick to coffee and she since then introduced me to a local mums group.

I think there are so many lonely people who can't/don't know how to strike up conversations.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (05-03-2016),Mod-Myztik  (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Myztik View Post
    I have met a girl that lives a few houses down who's DH is also FIFO but she's just had Bub so don't want to hassle her 😁
    Hassle her. She is bound to be lonely and scared.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (05-03-2016),MrsA2B  (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Hassle her. She is bound to be lonely and scared.
    Yes!!!!! She's probably be very thankful for the company.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-03-2016)

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    She came to my place for a party light thing so I will have to go drop off her candles when they arrive so will use that as an excuse to visit. Will take a lot least 3 days of pep talking myself and maybe a wine or three to do it 🙄

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Support for parents who partners work away

I'm having a 'FIFO Can Go Suck Big Hairy Ones' tonight. I love my boys but geez they wear me out and I just really miss DH as well. Somedays I think we should just move up North and be together although when things are going well I have no desire to do that at all. 😖 I think you should message the girl down the road as well!

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope today is going better for you xox

Do your partners have a time frame that they plan on being FIFO for?