+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think we'd tell a select few (immediate family), but not disclose the figure.

Firstly, we'd pay off our debts and buy ourselves an amazing home. Also purchase a few investment properties.

Then we'd pay off my parents mortgage, buy a property for MIL (who is on the pension and renting), and give some money to SIL and put some money in an account for my brother.

Have a splurge on travel & buy new vehicles. Make some generous donations to some worthy charities. Throw a massive fancy party for all our friends. Renew our wedding vows in style.

Consult with a financial adviser to work out how to make the rest of the money 'work' for us.

I'd also use the money to ensure my DS had the best possible support for his education.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We'd tell our families but I'm not sure that we'd disclose the full amount. Maybe tell our closest friends which is 5 couples and give them $1 million each. Or maybe somehow anonymously gift it to them, that would be awesome!

Give my parents, ILs, siblings and nephews and nieces $1 million each. Pay off our mortgage, buy ourselves nice new cars (no ferraris but I'm sure hubby would argue that lol). We'd start investing in property to give us an income when we retire. Find a charity to support. Invest in a few properties for our daughter and future children.

I think we'd both continue to work but I'd probably cut down my hours or just take on short-term contracts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    DH and I like to speculate what we'd do if we ever won a ridiculous amount of money!

We'd see a solicitor and get letters drawn up to whoever we wanted to help stating an anonymous family member wanted to share their winnings. We'd act like we got the same letter!
    That is so clever!!
    However It also has the potential to drive people crazy wondering who it is?

In our case they'd figure out pretty easily who it is if you give to both side of the family

Other than that I don't see any problem with handing over money. It's not like you deserve or did anything specially hard to get it. So I wouldn't care how they chose to spend it.
    It's more about sharing the good fortune. I really believe in what goes around comes around.
    Also I couldn't enjoy the money the same if I didn't share it. I'd keep $4M, enough to buy a house and live off the interests then distribute the rest evenly between family members and close friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default You have just won $50 million....

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Did you see the US one got up to $US900 million.

I can't even think about that much money!
    Nobody won so it's 1.3 billion on Wednesday night now. I'll let you know my reaction when my parents win. 😉

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Am I the only one considering a nudie run at the cricket to celebrate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Am I the only one considering a nudie run at the cricket to celebrate?
    Would you keep your shoes on @VicPark?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (11-01-2016),BettyW  (12-01-2016),Californication  (11-01-2016),DT75  (13-01-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (11-01-2016),VicPark  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just seeing if I would buy a ticket in the US powerball and found their FAQ hilarious. For the record non citizens can win but you can only buy and claim the ticket in the country- I'm hoping a friend will buy mine (yes I trust her, it's over a billion dollars, how much can she need??
    http://www.powerball.com/pb_contact.asp

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just seeing if I would buy a ticket in the US powerball and found their FAQ hilarious. For the record non citizens can win but you can only buy and claim the ticket in the country- I'm hoping a friend will buy mine (yes I trust her, it's over a billion dollars, how much can she need??
    I was literally just reading the same page 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default You have just won $50 million....

Yes, you can't even buy them online. My dad's got me covered. 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/...lotto-of-1-3b/

Game on! If you win because of my heads up I expect money! Not in the thousands either, I want a mil!