+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I'd tell df. We'd immediately pay off our wedding, all outstanding debts and that of my parents, too.

Immediately put 30 mil into some sort of fund and make the money work for us.

Build a new house. Mum and Dad can have this one if they want.

Go to America. Df wants to go to drag week so I'd do that, and I would HAVE to take the kids to Disneyland, Harry Potter World, Universal Studios etc.

Df would buy cars. And sheds for the cars.

I would get a whole new wardrobe.

The kids would get trust accounts.

That's probably enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd only tell DH the actual amount. I'd tell our families we won a mid sized amount. We'd go on a holiday. We seriously need one.

I'd pay off parents' debts and to renovate/finish renovating their houses.
    Buy my dad an apartment.

They're the easy straight up things.

Then:
    Buy us a house, set up some investments, and buy a house for DS and any other children that came along.

I'd give something to brothers and brothers in law - just not sure what.

Organise a decent bank account for DS and any other children.
    Do some travelling - but might save a good portion of that for when DS is older and can appreciate it a bit more.

I'd go back to uni and study. It wouldn't matter that I can't choose between 3 qualifications. If I wanted to, I could do all of them.

Donate to a variety of charities. Maybe set up a scholarship somewhere...

Other things I keep thinking I would like to do - like learn an instrument, take up a few different hobbies, etc that require the financial outlay we don't have right now, I'd probably start up as soon as we had a house and somewhere to put a piano!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh boy, where do I start

For me:
    Quit my job
    Renovate my house
    Get a pool
    New car
    Landscape the garden
    New lounge furniture
    hire a personal trainer
    hire a full time teachers aid for my special needs child
    travel. lots and lots of travel
    solar panels on the roof
    tesla powerwall (when available in Aus)

help out friends and family

For society:
    donate to charity
    either buy up land with a view to reforestation or fund a DV shelter or something else

I may need to win several times over to do the last couple on my list

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't tell anyone but DH. I think we would sit on it for a bit, but we would buy a farm (and spend time complaining about the huge mortgage ;-) and either renovate or build the house on it if it wasn't what I wanted, plan to take the kids OS for next Christmas, see a financial advisor and set up a trust account or similar to make the majority of the money grow. Wait a few months and upgrade the cars and that's probably it. We have often dreamed about a big win, and we both would want the money to last and grow, so that and buying a property would be our priorities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Build our new house (which we plan on doing anyway), buy out all the neighbouring farms, buy all brand new farm machinery, a flock of sheep, update our farm's fencing and stock yards, go on an amazing first class world trip with all the kids, set all the kids up for their entire education costs, buy a stack of investment properties, give money to my mum and stepdad, set up trust funds for the kids (no touching until they're 30), then keep some cash and donate a stack of it to a cancer research charity. Phew!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think for me it would take a very long time to accept it that amount of winnings but to answer your question....
    Tell hubby only......then after a new months tell family that I won a small amount.

What would I do?
    Buy around 5 investment properties
    Buy each child a house
    Put a healthy amount into their accounts but they can't touch it until there 30 years old
    Buy a new house with all the luxuries (minus a pool)
    Hire a cleaner
    Help family & friends in need
    Give a healthy donation to the children's hospitals
    Donate Various charities
    Not into shares but maybe give it a go
    New wardrobes
    Bank a lot of it
    Travel
    That's what I can think of....
    Items have been listed in no particular order

Thanks
    Reviews
    Initially I would only tell DP and the first thing it would pay for is another stim cycle/s for me to hopefully get an embryo. Once we managed to get our miracle then we would splurge on a nice home and would invest for our children's future. IVF costs and setting up for our kids would absolutely take priority because it's all we care about at the moment.

We would then also get rid of debt for the immediate family and would share our winnings with them so that they were living comfortably.

We would also look for away to better the lives of the less fortunate. I'd love to travel back to my parents country to help the underprivileged children there.

There are other luxuries I'd like to buy but really I just want enough to cover all the IVF we need 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive parcel of beachfront bush, preferably the habitat of a critically endangered species. Build an eco house and live simply on the beach with the kids and husband. And an au pair.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Well the first thing I'd do would be tell mum and make her promise not to tell anyone else. Then I'd wait for her to tell someone else which would probably take 5 minutes PMSL. She can't keep a secret to save herself. I would like to keep the news in the family though. I'd eventually tell my three BFFs as I would love to help them out financially. I'd probably tell my boss too but I would keep working as I only work 15 hours a week, the Dr will probably retire in 5 more years and I love my job.

I'd then go and see a financial planner as I am hopeless with money, absolutely hopeless.

I would hire a real estate agent to find me the minimum of ten acres that I want. Then I'd hire an architect to design my dream home. While waiting for that to eventuate, I'd buy a house in town that we could live in then use as a rental property. I'd also get mum's house completely renovated and get her yard done professionally. She could then do what she wants with it.

I'd buy a brand new Prado and camper van/trailer set up.

I'd obviously set my family up financially and get trust funds etc set up for the kids. That's what I'd see the financial planner for.

I would go on a solo holiday around the UK and Europe. Sorry kids!

That'd do to start with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My friends parents inherited this much money and as far as I'm aware they didn't give her any! She doesn't have a flash house and has had to go back to work (she wanted to be a SAHM) for financial reasons.