+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gross, gross, gross. When I was a kid, we lived in town and neither of my parents flushed. So by the time I got home from school, there were several wee's in the toilet, and the stink in summer especially was disgusting. I used to flush before I went and after!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    Only acceptable at home in the middle of the night when you don't want to wake anyone up (especially a sleeping baby)
    This.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I should add that one of my toilets is currently broken (won't flush) and I need to get it fixed.

Despite me telling my kids I'm getting a plumber in and not to use the broken one under any circumstances, someone did pee in it and shut the lid and forgot about it. The stench it generated in this heat was stomach churning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did no one else grow up in an Australian drought and need to conserve water?!
    Flushing after every pee is so wasteful!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (01-01-2016),Kimmmm  (02-01-2016),KitiK  (31-12-2015),Winterm93  (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I should add that one of my toilets is currently broken (won't flush) and I need to get it fixed.

Despite me telling my kids I'm getting a plumber in and not to use the broken one under any circumstances, someone did pee in it and shut the lid and forgot about it. The stench it generated in this heat was stomach churning.
    I almost barfed just reading that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always flush!!
    I grew up in the country, droughts and water restrictions were the norm.
    We would have two buckets in the shower to catch water and these were used to flush pee if restrictions were bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Gross. We tried doing this when there were strict water restrictions to try to save water. And we found that it made the toilet really really horrible to clean, as in it stained and was, well, ridiculously gross.

So now we are firmly in 'you must always flush,' camp.
    Yes it makes them really hard to clean! Unfortunately we have an open plan master bedroom and ensuite (it's stupid, we are renting, would never have this is my own home!) and DD sleeps in our room so no flushing in the middle of the night... I'm too lazy to go downstairs and use the other toilet. I have to clean the toilet every few days. It's really gross...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's gross

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We are on tank water on a farm so we don't flush each time when it's just us at home. But when we lived in the city we generally flushed each time except for the middle of the night.

As for work: GROSS. Always always flush! Also if you do it at home, make sure you flush when you're having visitors over. It is so disgusting to visit someone and go to use the loo and find your host's wee in the bowl. Yuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok at home and if you close the lid of the loo and the door too.

Not ok at work.