+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Favourite thing as a kid

As the title suggests what was your thing as a kid to do/ memories

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    as a small child, play with my pet chook. as a teenager, dance, anywhere there was music playing, a concert, or a rollerskating rink, or even high school disco, I predate blue light discos, but I would have loved that sort of thing. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Read! I was such a shy kid, so I loved to just be in the peace & quiet and just read. Quite often I'd pick up a book after school on a friday and not stop reading (except for eating & sleeping) until a Sunday night. I loved to lose myself in books.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have very haply memories of my childhood up until I turned 13.
    I think just being able to be a kid is the main thing- riding bikes around the neighbourhood, playing outside, playing with friends. Xmas is another massive one. Every year we had the whole family- 30 or more people including extended family- over for Xmas lunch and they stayed well into the night. Just being surrounded by so much love and happiness was amazing.

My most treasured memories as a child though are of my nan- the way she would sit beside my bed every night singing me songs (she had a beautiful voice) or telling me stories of her life growing up on lighthouses (her dad was a light house keeper). She would stay there until I fell asleep. Or the fact she would read me stories- the way she made each character- each story- come to life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My favourite thing as a kid, and still is, reading books. I used to read for hours, and my parents made sure I had a good supply of books. Some of their choices were odd... (The Diceman when I was sick with sinusitis in early high school?!!) but I love reading and don't get enough time now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lots, we had a chicken as a pet, we went yabbying, we used to camp by the rier and sleep in our van, going to school tuck shop and getting those dino milk things and collecting them to get prizes.

we had no maccas when I was little, random trips to a town 75 ks away just because and getting a maccas ice cream lol

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Not paying bills...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (30-12-2015),JustUsFive  (31-12-2015),Leettieb  (30-12-2015),SheWarrior  (30-12-2015),TheGooch  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No responsibilities

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

JustUsFive  (31-12-2015),SheWarrior  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Christmas and believing in Santa; Being too excited to go to bed. Waking up in the wee hours of the morning to sneak out and check under the Christmas tree. Christmas lunch with our cousins and playing with each other's toys.

Family road trips down south to visit my grandparents; stopping at Mobil service stations in the middle of the night to use the toilets and trying to avoid all the bugs buzzing around the lights, Hotcakes and hash browns at Maccas for breakfast. Listening to my Walkman while watching the little Km's markers got by. Playing travel games with my siblings. Fighting with my siblings.

:')

Thanks
    Reviews
    Playing cards with my family, getting carried in from the car 'asleep' after a big drive home from Ma and Pa's, eating cornflakes with hot milk and listening to ABC news on the radio at Nan and Pop's house.