+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    one of my favourite memories. my 22 month old son, watching me bf his twin sisters one morning, he races into his bedroom and comes back with two of his teddies, and climbs up into the big bed with me and starts to 'feed' his little teddies. no picture in existence of this, way before cameras in phones, gosh even way before mobile phones for that matter. marie.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

amyd  (30-12-2015),ButterflyMa  (30-12-2015),CakeyMumma  (30-12-2015),Frankenmum  (30-12-2015),Olive Oil  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Fave parenting moment?

I let my DD 4 share my bed the other night. She was playing and not interested in sleep so I just ignored her rummaging through my drawers and was trying to go to sleep.

She leaned into my face and said "mummy.... Mummy... Mummy! Can you just do this??"

And she handed me a rubix cube.
    Last edited by Wise Enough; 31-12-2015 at 01:28.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

amcyus  (30-12-2015),Bubintummy  (30-12-2015),Californication  (31-12-2015),Frankenmum  (30-12-2015),Ngaiz  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So many! When my DS tells me I'm his 'sweetie girl'. Watching DS with his new baby sister. The grins that DD saves just for her big brother. And of course bedtime 😜

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh came home today and our DS 17mo old ran from the back, through the shed (arms above his head waving around like those big blow up people at car yards) yelling 'hi daddy hi daddy hiya hiya daddy daddy!!!!' It made me smile so hard at the bond they have. I love my boys!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Luanajo For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's generally the little things for me. Like when my kids play nicely together I get the warm fuzzies, or when I'm on a long drive with DS (8yo) and we just chat about stuff. He really opens up to me in the car when he gets to sit in the front and I really enjoy our chats. He also rambles on about things that interest him (he's got a very scientific brain), and some of the stuff that he says is amazing, and some of it peculiar and funny. He's such a little nerd, lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok so I'm not a parent and not sure if this even counts, but I have a really close bond with 4 of my cousins as they're so much younger than me (currently aged 3.5, 8, 11 & 13). Anyway we were up at mooloolaba on holidays and mum was on the beach with them when DH and I were walking down to meet them. My now 8yo cousin (who was about 3 at the time) saw me coming and started sprinting up the beach to me, big grin, arms open wide ready for a big hug... That whole movie thing where they run into your arms and you pick them up and swing them round. Melted my heart. I can only hope for more moments like that when I finally become a mum!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby kisses - you know the dribbly, open mouthed ones? When the kids have just learnt to kiss? I love those.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Baby kisses - you know the dribbly, open mouthed ones? When the kids have just learnt to kiss? I love those.
    Can't wait for this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I let my DD 4 share my bed the other night. She was playing and not interested in sleep so I just ignored her rummaging through my drawers and was trying to go to sleep.

She leaned into my face and said "mummy.... Mummy... Mummy! Can you just do this??"

And she handed me a rubix cube.
    Very cute 😊

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fave parenting moment?

Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Oh I love this thread I love reading all the cuteness! I've been struggling with being a mum since DD was born 6 months ago but nothing beats when she laughs. She makes you work bl00dy hard for it but it's like my drug to get me through the hard days. I've got a video of me and her and she's laughing so much it's so cute. I watch it all the time when I'm struggling 😊
    Oh and when she wakes up or sees me in general she smiles and waves her arms and legs like crazy like she's saying I am sooooo excited to see you mummy. Melts me every time
    Falling asleep in my arms when I feed her overnight she looks so peaceful and I kiss her chubby cheeks. My heart swells.
    Can't wait for the stuff coming up that I've read in this thread so sweet
    All three of these also 😊

Watching her fall asleep peacefully right next to me after I've kissed her face and cuddled her so she drifts off ( cosleeping ) Being woken up by her touching me. Staring at her while she stares at me as we build this mother/daughter bond. Looking into her kind eyes and my heart exploding, her huge smile that greets me whenever I come near her. Her little giggle when I pull 'the face'..

Am totally in love with this happy little person who I waited all my life to meet. #tearsofjoy
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 31-12-2015 at 07:31.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (31-12-2015)