+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What is a podcast?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They're sort of like downloadable radio programs. If you have an iPhone you can subscribe to various podcasts and download them to listen to. These are some of the ones I currently subscribe to

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1451382649.801607.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Em rusciano is hilarious! I follow her on snap chat. I've never though of listening to podcasts - great idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustUsFive View Post
    So im feeling very average in my life atm.

Unhappy marriage. Overweight. No money. My friends have dropped off. No social life. No job. Still renting at 38.

Basically i feel like a massive failure in life. My life has gone terribly downhill in the space of 3 years.

How do i start to get my self together? Do others ever feel like they're failing at life?
    Those things don't make a person a failure & I don't see you as a failure. It can happen to anyone.
    1.Start by looking at doing something manageable for yourself each day. Even if it's something small.
    2.Prioritize working towards gaining employment and most of those other things you mentioned will follow as the result of the new job.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SixtiesChild For This Useful Post:

JustUsFive  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel like this a lot. I am 38 also and often feel like a failure. I am 30 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. This is my partner's first child, it was an accident but we are trying to make it a positive thing. We fight a fair bit, and I go to councelling due to things like low self esteem. A lot of my issues are weight related, as before I fell pregnant, I was the fattest I had ever been. I rent and I find that buying a house would be unrealistic even if I worked 7 days a week. I would love to own a house, but before I fell pregnant, I was applying for jobs left right and centre just to get rejected. It gets you down. I don't have any friends where I live, I just find a lot of people don't put a lot of effort into friendships so I just don't bother anymore. Just know that you aren't alone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

JustUsFive  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustUsFive View Post
    So im feeling very average in my life atm.

Unhappy marriage. Overweight. No money. My friends have dropped off. No social life. No job. Still renting at 38.

Basically i feel like a massive failure in life. My life has gone terribly downhill in the space of 3 years.

How do i start to get my self together? Do others ever feel like they're failing at life?
    I'm pretty much the same as you.
    I'm 38, I rent, I have no social life, I have no money.

At times I too feel like a bit of a failure, to be almost 40 and broke, relying on handouts from my family.

I've started to do something about the being overweight part and have lost 12.5kg doing 5:2. Feeling much more energetic and a bit better about myself in that respect.

I left my husband this year so I figure it will take a short while to get back on my feet.

You just need to start with one thing, mine was losing weight.

Maybe if you started doing some light exercise it would make you feel better?

Or suggest counseling with your husband to try and make the relationship better?

Take charge of one aspect and change it, then you can fix another thing.

One step at a time. It's too daunting to try and change everything at once.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

JustUsFive  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is 5:2 eating please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feel exactly the same 40 and no social life , overweight and no money..i have hit an all time low in my life , but am moving house next week and told myself 2016 is going to be better new house new start and time to work on me ..i dont own a house either im in government housing and feel like a complete failure also, no job due to looking after a disabled son , friends have dropped off as i cant go out as often and money is like whats that these days...and yep its hard to get out of the feeling once you are down, but i try and look at the positives of each day , find one thing that makes you happy or that you can smile about, even if its something from years ago and something little that made you feel good draw on it to get the good vibes back and feeling good again ...its what im doing and starting to feel good about myself slowly again, just remember people still love you no matter what and what size you are , but you also need to be happy with yourself, dont live your life thinking i dont have what they have etc, cause you are your own person and noone knows what tomorrow holds, you could win the lotto and have your own home and nice things etc ..Never say never and just remember 2016 will be a great year Good luck and i wish you well in your journey of finding your true happiness again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feeling lost

Can't offer any advice but like others have said one thing at a time.

My life is pretty identical to yours - renting, literally no money and I have previously studied at uni and couldn't even get a job from that!
    Last edited by mummyrissa; 31-12-2015 at 16:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope it's okay if I jump on here, it seems some of us are sad because we have a house but no children and some are sad because they have children and no house, I guess I'm in the first category and travelling the awful road of IVF which has been disaster after disaster!
    I read a great article once about regrets of the dying, and how when in their death bed people never said
    I wish I made more money
    I wish I lived in a bigger house
    Etc etc
    I find myself becoming bitter and isolating myself from friends who have children and hence find myself in a social no mans land, too old to go out clubbing and too uncomfortable to be around " happy families"
    Our sadnesses are different but equal
    X

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissDa For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (01-01-2016),Charlie74  (31-12-2015),JustUsFive  (31-12-2015),Rocky27  (31-12-2015)