+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeanie View Post
    Yeah it got shut down by a mod. It's been my entertainment most of the night too
    Spoilsports 😀

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (28-12-2015),Ngaiz  (28-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Spin off: How 'bogan' are you?

Quote Originally Posted by babybeanie View Post
    Yeah it got shut down by a mod. It's been my entertainment most of the night too
    It actually got deleted, a shame because I like to go back and see how many 'thanks' I continue to get. 😉😂

On a side note, I asked Australian DH about the boganess of it all and his questions/responses to help make his decision were friggin' hilarious.

A-squared, we all have a bit of bogan in us. 😎
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 28-12-2015 at 22:41.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

babybeanie  (29-12-2015),TheGooch  (29-12-2015),VicPark  (28-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was gone just as I was going to respond to your comment about how you come from a place where you got to enjoy having a front yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    It actually got deleted, a shame because I like to go back and see how many 'thanks' I continue to get. 😉😂

On a side note, I asked Australian DH about the boganess of it all and his questions/responses to help make his were friggin' hilarious.

A-squared, we all have a bit of bogan in us. 😎

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can someone link to the original bogan thread (not the car on the grass one) in which it was decided that down lights and coffee tables are bogan? I'm mystified and intrigued!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

babybeanie  (29-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a strider, we have a coffee table, used to be for storage dd now sits on there or dances, we have lots of downlights that cost a mountain to put in during building, i wear trackies and uggies but only at home never in public. No cars on grass, currently just dirt. Hubby refuses to accept he grew up bogan and his mum still is, he had rats tails and mil still tells me they were fashionable in the 80's where i grew up only poor families had them, mil sits with beer in tinny or stubby and burps or farts when walking past so classy, his parents only got a driveway when he and brothers were learning to drive as grass/dirt driveway was being damaged lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    still don't get the coffee table and down lights thing. it must be some kind of joke? everyone has a coffee table?

I wear trackies at home, swear frequently, my house has downlight. I hate fake nails and I drive a euro SUV.

about 15%-20% bogan here I reckon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agreed table and lights got me beat. When i lived in the uk friends.called me a total chav, i bleached my hair fully, had nails done wore trackies and uggies and hoop earings to the shops like everyone else lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    still don't get the coffee table and down lights thing. it must be some kind of joke? everyone has a coffee table?

I wear trackies at home, swear frequently, my house has downlight. I hate fake nails and I drive a euro SUV.

I think it was more about bogans trying to look 'classy.' So down-lights are something that maybe used to only be in upper-class houses but now they're everywhere because bogans think they make it look like they have class or money, so hence down-lights has 'turned' bogan. I think the logic on the coffee tables was similar.

If you search 'bogan' heaps of threads pop up that are spin-offs from the original coffee table/down-light one but I'm unsure which bogan thread was the original, there are heaps! Hence why some of us were laughing about the parking thread turning so defensive, making fun of bogans or things that make somebody a bogan isn't new on the hub!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (29-12-2015),babybeanie  (29-12-2015),babyla  (29-12-2015),turquoisecoast  (29-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most people I know don't have a coffee table, and I don't have one either, so not everyone has one (I don't think they're bogan, though).
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here we go:

*coffee table
    *uggs (only wear them at home because my feet are freezing in winter)
    *DH has a Torana (I'm sure that's considered bogan)
    *DS owned 2 'flannos' (we live in suburbia not a farm or in the country)

All I can think of atm. OMG I am more bogan than I thought!