Photography tips, challenges, lenses, lighting | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    50mm. It makes a huge difference, even on auto. Obviously can't vary the distance of the subject too much, since there is no zoom, and if more than one person they all have to be the same depth, but it is brilliant. I don't think it was overly expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh nice to see this section revived!
    I have a Canon 450D which I got over six years ago (came with the two kit lenses) and I had no photography knowledge at all.
    The first lens I bought was a 50mm 1.4 which I love and then I got a 24-70mm.
    I do mostly candid natural light stuff - portraits, rural shots, flora and fauna.
    Really tried to stretch myself this year and took preggy and a couple or birth shots of my BFF and was asked to shoot (as just a guest) at a wedding and did two birthdays.
    Cannot shoot well at night!!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 31-12-2015 at 21:35.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

sparklebug  (31-12-2015),Tiny Dancer  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, I think you might have inspired me to get the camera out and (re-learn how to) use it. Apart from Christmas, it's been well over a month since I've touched it, and I'd love to take some new photos of my family.
    @misskittyfantastico, your portraits are lovely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Ladies, I think you might have inspired me to get the camera out and (re-learn how to) use it. Apart from Christmas, it's been well over a month since I've touched it, and I'd love to take some new photos of my family.
    @misskittyfantastico, your portraits are lovely!
    Oh thanks gorgeous!
    Would you be into doing a one shot a week/month challenge or something like that? I don't want to commit to running a challenge because life gets so crazy and I wouldn't want to let people down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to do something like that to keep me accountable. I'm back to work FT in Feb with an hour commute each way, and PND still not quite under control. I don't think I could commit to running a challenge either, for the same reasons, but maybe if we just post something in here when we're super happy with it - aiming for at least one a month. One a week if you're super productive. Does that sound ok? Starting 1/1/16 makes it easy to keep track!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sparklebug, what do you think? Interested in showing some more of your wonderful work?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would love to do something like that to keep me accountable. I'm back to work FT in Feb with an hour commute each way, and PND still not quite under control. I don't think I could commit to running a challenge either, for the same reasons, but maybe if we just post something in here when we're super happy with it - aiming for at least one a month. One a week if you're super productive. Does that sound ok? Starting 1/1/16 makes it easy to keep track!
    Awesome! I'm in!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (31-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I want to subscribe to this thread.

DP got me a Nikkon D5500 for Christmas, I did photography in high school but need to get my skills up.

Would love tips and tricks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I don't really have any at the moment, but any I do get, I'm more than happy to pass on!
    I keep forgetting how to use the settings properly on our camera, because I don't use it often enough. I am, however feeling motivated to get the camera out and play some now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sparklebug, what do you think? Interested in showing some more of your wonderful work?
    Sounds great.....(but I may delete some later if it's the kids to keep my anonymity )
    @misskittyfantastico great portraits, especially the first one looks like such a special moment!

Here is one night time one I'm happy with, using the tripod, and it took about a 50 shots to get my setting right but got there in the end
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1451570843.839279.jpg

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (24-01-2016),Tiny Dancer  (01-01-2016)