Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Just to be clear - I didn't ask why blondeinbrisvegus stopped breastfeeding. I think that's no ones business so I wasn't asking. I was only saying I thought it contradictory to accuse others of being bordering on negligent for not following SIDS guidelines without knowing why they hadn't when she herself hadn't.
    I did follow guidelines and you didn't have to ask because I stated it in my post that I stopped due to supply issues!!!! What part of that don't you understand????

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Can we just not turn this thread in to a fight? The OP asked a question and is probably wishing he hadn't.

I'm reminded why I took a long, long break from the hub. All the offence and outrage! These posts bring out the worst side of the hub. People getting offended and taking things personally when really, you shouldn't. Who cares what someone on a forum thinks of your parenting decisions?? They are not your friends, not your family. They are a stranger who has a different set of beliefs or different family set up.

If you're taking things personally, it might be time for a wee break. I've been there. I possibly would have been offended too once (couldn't BF and kids slept in their own rooms from when they were about 3mo) but really, who give a rats @rse what someone says on here about decisions you made for your family that were right for you! My kids are healthy and happy. If yours are, and you are happy with how you are parenting, don't let someone else's comment or their opinion matter to you.
    I generally agree, but knowing what it's like to feel utterly hopeless and useless because of someone's unthinking, judgmental and ignorant opinions on here due to being mentally unwell compels me to call out such nonsense. I have a really thick skin, yet when I had PND reading shizz like what has been posted here would crush me. So when I see it I'm going to call it out, so the next person who is suffering and comes along to read such tripe doesn't think that it's an acceptable thing to say when it's not. It's not acceptable to say that people are being cruel and negligent because their baby sleeps in another room. It is acceptable to say that SIDS guidelines recommend xyz. It's acceptable to say once I met my baby I couldn't bear having it away from me at night. It is inflammatory, emotive rubbish to say it is cruel and neglectful.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

amyd  (29-12-2015),babyla  (29-12-2015),Frankenmum  (29-12-2015),gingermillie  (29-12-2015),Tamtam  (29-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow this tread has kinda gotten a bit out of hand.On the other hand thou thanks everyone for your very helpful opinions they have given me a great insight to what I have to look forward too 😊😊

Thanks
    Reviews

Default To sleep with the baby in the same room or not

OP I hope the way this thread has gone has not scared you off bubhub, this poor bloke asked a simple question, what is the general norm for where a new born should sleep?

A. SIDS guidelines recommend baby shares the parents room for the first 6-12 months.

In some cases it's not so easy, due to space, sleep habits of both parents and babies etc.

Personally both my girls have started off sleeping in a bassinet in our bedroom, but due to all of us being noisy and light sleepers, and lacking sleep, often they got wheeled into their own rooms during the night and at roughly 6 weeks old both moved into their own rooms (right next to our room) permanently, we felt it was the best option for all of us and had a noise and movement monitor as an extra precaution.

What I would like to say is where possible follow the guidelines, but don't beat yourself up if you find they don't work for you. Every parent and every baby is different and as parents we do our best to do it right but sometimes we still get it wrong

ETA. OP if you are really unsure maybe get a bassinet that is easily moved that way if you start with room sharing and it's not for your family it's not a big deal to move it
    Last edited by Wheaty; 29-12-2015 at 20:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    I did follow guidelines and you didn't have to ask because I stated it in my post that I stopped due to supply issues!!!! What part of that don't you understand????
    Breastfeeding for 6 weeks would not be strictly following the guidelines. According to the website they recommend 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaronLaura View Post
    Wow this tread has kinda gotten a bit out of hand.On the other hand thou thanks everyone for your very helpful opinions they have given me a great insight to what I have to look forward too 😊😊
    Welcome to your baptism of fire 😂 anything else you want to know about? Breastfeeding? Circumcision? Vaccination? The order in which cutlery should be kept in the drawers? Grab your popcorn!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (29-12-2015),BettyV  (29-12-2015),Frankenmum  (29-12-2015),HollyGolightly81  (29-12-2015),Mokeybear  (29-12-2015),SpecialK  (29-12-2015),Wheaty  (29-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Welcome to your baptism of fire 😂 anything else you want to know about? Breastfeeding? Circumcision? Vaccination? The order in which cutlery should be kept in the drawers? Grab your popcorn!
    Where to park your car? 😉

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (29-12-2015),FearlessLeader  (29-12-2015),Frankenmum  (29-12-2015),LaDiDah  (30-12-2015),Mokeybear  (29-12-2015),VicPark  (29-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JaronLaura View Post
    Not sure if you saw my response on your other thread but I found the bednest invaluable and a lifesaver. Worth googling it or other 'co-sleepers.'

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

JaronLaura  (29-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Breastfeeding for 6 weeks would not be strictly following the guidelines. According to the website they recommend 6 months.
    Don't play semantics with me Sonja!! I meant BF in general as you well know. Save the redirect examination for the courtroom hey??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (29-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Don't play semantics with me Sonja!! I meant BF in general as you well know. Save the redirect examination for the courtroom hey??
    How can you not understand what she's getting at? How is that different to room sharing in general?