+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recurrent miscarriages, now pregnant and terrified!

Hello! I have recently found out that I am pregnant however with my history, I am too scared to tell anyone! My husband knows but no one else, it's awfully lonely as he is avoiding talking about it because he doesn't want to get attached. I guess he is trying to avoid getting his heart broken again which I can understand. I am 27 and this is my 5th pregnancy. I have a 6 year old daughter who was born 10 weeks pre-term and spent 7.5 weeks in hospital, I have then had 3 miscarriages, all between 9-11 weeks. My last one which was investigated was due to trisomy21 however, after genetic testing, it seems that this was just luck and unlikely to happen again. Just looking for some support, advice and to hear the stories of others in similar situations. I'm petrified! Thanks in advance, Hannah 😊
    Last edited by hanni88; 27-12-2015 at 19:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Hannah welcome to Bubhub and congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm sorry to hear of your losses I can't even begin to imagine what that's been like for you.

How far along are you now?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

hanni88  (27-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My LMP and hcg levels indicate 8 weeks, however I had a dating scan last Thursday which showed I was only 6 weeks. They said I could have ovulated later than normal though, I'll have another scan this week to see if there has been any growth since last week though! Fingers crossed it is just late ovulation. They could see a tiny heartbeat of 101 bpm. Urgh, so much waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hanni88 View Post
    My LMP and hcg levels indicate 8 weeks, however I had a dating scan last Thursday which showed I was only 6 weeks. They said I could have ovulated later than normal though, I'll have another scan this week to see if there has been any growth since last week though! Fingers crossed it is just late ovulation. They could see a tiny heartbeat of 101 bpm. Urgh, so much waiting!
    Fx for you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

hanni88  (27-12-2015)