+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation question please help :)

Hi every and merry Christmas ,
    I am new to TTC and currently this is my second month and first month using the OPK. Something that I am confused about ... So my cycle is 28days usually never early or late. I started the OPK I think around the 12th and The first postive OPK I received (and it was the same darkness as the control line) was on the 14th of this month. (Last AF on the 30th November). The following 5 days were postive OPK till the 19th. The 20th was finally negative but then the 21st was postive. I stopped the OPK there because it stressed me out a little. I haven't had many sympotms that I know of, today and yesterday I had two big dizzy spells and my nails have gotten heaps strong And boobs little bit tender (I get the tender boobs anyway) but I don't feel like it's a sign. My question is when people start referring to DPO what would my DPO be considering they were postive for so long?? We BD a lot practically each day, I have taken pregnancy tests which were negative which I thought would be accurate fairly seeing as my next AF is due 28th (I used first response early test) however now I realise it goes off DPO I'm not sure. Could someone please help me to understand how this works. Sorry for my blabber on lol thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I refer to my DPO from my temp spike, I temp and OPK. I have read in the forum some ladies getting positive OPKs for a few days, but my OPK was only just positive and only a few hours, so can't help you there. I wish I could be more helpful

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happyfrog For This Useful Post:

Alyceolly  (27-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might start temping and I'll read up on how to do it correctly. Thanks for your answer it does still help , AF has come so I've just realised my usual 28day cycles, the last two AF cycles have been 26days.

What I want to do is start tracking and finding out my LP and how many days it goes for. Because I got so many positive OPK right up until before AF I worry I won't have many or considered normal amount of LP days.

Is this something you look at is your LP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OPK cheapies are crap! I would get the clear blue digital ovulation predictor. It gives you a clear smiley face 12-24 hours prior to ovulation so you know exactly when you've ovulated. I've always used them and they've never failed me. There's no guessing. It clearly shows if you ovulated or if you didn't 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks , I did use the expensive 99% accurate ovual ones. I was looking at the clear blue it looked like for one ovulation test it is $25... Does clear blue do ovulation packs with more than one ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It shows if you have a LH surge. You can have a LH surge without ovulating. The only way to know for sure is by temping and blood tests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I see. So could I still get regular cycles to a extent and still not ovulate that month?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could someone also please explain the importance of the LP and how many days it should be etc. I have some symptoms of PCOS but I do have regular 28day periods usually. The last two have been 26days but they still aren't irregular if that makes sense. Is it a bad thing the body has long LH surges ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yes you can have regular cycles without ovulating. You need a decent length LP so an egg has time to implant properly. "Average" is 14 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you recommend a good brand for the BBT