+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Questions after my ectopic

I'm unclear about a few things and was hoping someone could answer some of my questions..
    (Quick background - I suffered a ruptured ectopic on Saturday and underwent surgery to remove my right fallopian tube.)
    I'm a bit confused about a couple of things now... I feel a bit naive asking but this is all obviously new to me...
    1) I have to have my hcg levels tested on Monday as advised by the hospital to make sure they have dropped. Why wouldn't they have dropped? I just did a hpt and got a fairly strong positive. Is this typical 6 days on? There's no chance (I would assume) anything was left as my tube was removed and I had a D&C. So why am I still getting a positive?
    2) I keep reading that if you've been given the drug called methotrexate (an alternative usually given to avoid surgery if the tube hasn't yet ruptured) you must avoid alcohol due to risk of kidney damage. I don't think I was given this medication as I went straight in for surgery due to the burst already occurring. It doesn't say anything about it on my paperwork.
    I just don't know what's going on with my body. Can I have a glass of wine tomorrow during Christmas lunch? Will it cause harm?
    I just want everything back to how it was. Taking that hpt tonight and seeing those two lines should be an occasion of joy and elation. But there's no baby, just levels, just chemicals, just reminders of what was.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 24-12-2015 at 20:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also, after very light brown spotting on and off since my surgery, tonight my blood loss has turned period like, heavyish and bright red. Is this normal? I obviously have internal stitches and am a bit anxious but don't want to overreact as I'm not in any more pain than usual...
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 24-12-2015 at 20:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It will take a week or 2 for the hcg to drop. Your milk might also come in a little bit when this happens so be prepared. Sorry I can't answer the other questions.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will probably know when you have the hormonal crash and the hcg is gone. It's quite exhausting and emotional. Like major pms.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I had my ectopic and lost my tube I bled for about a week . Not sure about the other things you mentioned.

Thinking of you xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @lilypily xx Merry Christmas hon, you (and so many others) have been a constant support, even back when I was freaking out about my low hcg numbers. Appreciate it x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Louise41 I'm sorry to hear that you too have experienced this 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had my ectopic, they also gave me a methotrexate injection.

You would definitely know if you had it, it literally felt like it sucked the life from me for 2-3 days. I had no energy and was pretty much bed ridden for that time.

It also took a very long tim for my hug to drop, I'm talking 6 - 12 weeks, it was my 12 week appointment to check it where they found I was pregnant again! (They expected it to be 0, instead it read higher! & that pregnancy resulted in my 14 month old )

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Taffabella For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (25-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to update, I ended up calling the hospital yesterday and asked and was told I hadn't been given one as my tube already ruptured before they'd even diagnosed the ectopic. Which I knew, but just wasn't sure what meds I'd been given. So I was able to happily enjoy an ice cold beer with on xmas day. #littlepleasures

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (26-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope you are feeling a little better, Marigold.
    J x.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (26-12-2015)