+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS is 5 now but the ages of 3 and particularly 4 were very hard. And he's still difficult now. It just seems to be his personality. He's sensitive and not at all easy going. One minute he's sweet and loving. The next he's just feral and rude. I've noticed that proper sleep and nutrition is very important to him. But your DD sleeps a lot longer than him!
    So no advice, just that I understand how draining it is!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (26-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like you need some help. If I wee close by I could observe and zhar some observations. You could take or leave what i had to say.

Children generally respect boundaries. A pet hate I have is counting when a child fails to listen or do what is requested. Even worse is breaking down the number , weve all heard it 2, 2 1/4, 2 1/2, 2 3/4.

Then you get the parents when they get to 3 the children break down "sorry sorry" and there is no follow thru.

IMHO this teaches nothing good

If my child is out on the road and a truck is coming i expect my child to respond 1st time

I personally live to spend time with my kids. But of rough and tumble. Let them play in my workshop and watch me work. Let them help me cook even thiugh it takes longer and is messier. They're only young once and yiu o ly get one go

Look at your parents and what you love and respect about them even though you might not have at the time. Probabl safe to say copy it

Look at what you did not likeand avoid it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Hmmmmmmm very interesting! Maybe I should be trying a dairy free pro-biotic. Has anyone else ever tried this?
    Eczema Shield from ethical nutrients worked very well for us. Actually, after just a week's use DD's eczema has never come back

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

babyla  (26-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Eczema Shield from ethical nutrients worked very well for us. Actually, after just a week's use DD's eczema has never come back
    I actually found some in the fridge this morning. I vaguely remember trying it last year. How do you give it? Are you still using it? I just gave DS some in his milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I actually found some in the fridge this morning. I vaguely remember trying it last year. How do you give it? Are you still using it? I just gave DS some in his milk.
    Let us know how you go over the next few days/weeks. I'd imagine it might take a while to build in their systems and take effect.

I did some research about this link and found a few studies such as this one.... http://ac.els-cdn.com/S0022395615000655/1-s2.0-S0022395615000655-main.pdf?_tid=52f17a40-abcd-11e5-bb30-00000aacb35d&acdnat=1451133585_cdb1cf56f6d7453d9d9 101b9549432d9

8. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

babyla  (27-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Let us know how you go over the next few days/weeks. I'd imagine it might take a while to build in their systems and take effect.

I did some research about this link and found a few studies such as this one.... http://ac.els-cdn.com/S0022395615000...9101b9549432d9
    Will do! I'll have a read of this too. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I just gave it to her in juice, I forget hoe much but whatever the recommended dose is. It tastes somewhat sweet so we never had an issue with her drinking it. We also found she had dietary triggers for both her eczema and asthma, so I guess it's all down to gut health issues. For her, goat's milk is better tolerated than cows and we have to keep grains to a minimum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to say. We don't use it anymore, it was more a targeted solution than an ongoing supplement for us. I try to get the kids to eat fermented foods each day for the ongoing good tummy bugs, but if they are run down or diet is lacking for whatever reason will go back to the bottle probiotics, they really do help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Forgot to say. We don't use it anymore, it was more a targeted solution than an ongoing supplement for us. I try to get the kids to eat fermented foods each day for the ongoing good tummy bugs, but if they are run down or diet is lacking for whatever reason will go back to the bottle probiotics, they really do help.
    What constitutes fermented foods?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make my own sauerkraut at home. There are tons available now at health food stores also, to buy.