+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, we had the same thing at that age. Personally I would introduce negative consequence for negative behaviour. I find dealing with tantrum after tantrum so exhausting that I really wouldn't be able to just ride with that all day. So I would probably use a time out, or negotiating (bribes :P) over activities/toys/treats. At this age I find children start to push those boundaries, working out where grown ups will say "no, that's enough" and they seem to be quite content with those boundaries, once asserted. I have only ever had to use a negative consequence less than a handful of times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS is 4 mud January and he is NEVER HAPPY! Unless we are playing with him. He is whingy, argumentative and rude. He wakes up whinging, whinges all day and goes to bed whinging. In between he argues over anything and everything. Joy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    My DS is 4 mud January and he is NEVER HAPPY! Unless we are playing with him. He is whingy, argumentative and rude. He wakes up whinging, whinges all day and goes to bed whinging. In between he argues over anything and everything. Joy.
    Big hugs! It sucks doesn't it!? Your DS and my DD sound like they would get along swimmingly!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

babyla  (25-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing to read and contribute to in frustration later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Big hugs! It sucks doesn't it!? Your DS and my DD sound like they would get along swimmingly!
    It's exhausting! I'm so hoping he grows out of it! Underneath he's such a lovely little boy but is just so dissatisfied with everything at the moment 😔

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 yo can have a lot of challenging moments. She really struggles to deal with her emotions, & we end up with a lot of meltdowns. I am fascinated by your mention of your DDs allergies/cmpi - of my 3 children,3yo DD had the worst allergies &had CMPI &her gut health was terrible for a long time. She has also had the most difficult behaviour. I recently read something about gut health & its impact on behaviour, &I would be interested to find out if there is any truth in it at all.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

babyla  (26-12-2015),BornToBe  (26-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS has CMPI too. He also has eczema.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hmmmmmmm very interesting! Maybe I should be trying a dairy free pro-biotic. Has anyone else ever tried this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    These things are so hard to comment on as there are ao many variables
    The child
    Parenting techniques
    Environment
    Children start to push boundaries more ams more as they get older.

Best advice. Plenty of love, cosistency and dont send mixed messages

Even the best parents dont always succeed and sometimes the best people are born of crap parents

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    These things are so hard to comment on as there are ao many variables
    The child
    Parenting techniques
    Environment
    Children start to push boundaries more ams more as they get older.

Best advice. Plenty of love, cosistency and dont send mixed messages

Even the best parents dont always succeed and sometimes the best people are born of crap parents
    True! I feel that the way I handle the situations I'm trying to do what a 'good' parent would do. I don't want her to walk all over me and I want her to respect my parenting and decisions, but I don't want her to get upset, but I feel I can never achieve both. She either hates me but she realises what I say goes, or she is happy around me but I let her get away with everything because it's easier than discipline. I have no idea how to find the middle ground. I know there's no one way or a magic formula, but I'm struggling. It makes me hate every day. It makes me regret becoming a mother and makes me feel like a failure as no one ends up happy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (27-12-2015)