+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I personally have never had an issue with aus post, and I am addicted to online shopping. I've lived at various addresses and not one lost item or things being dumped. Once or twice they didn't knock at door but over several years I think that's pretty good.

Sure, their package delivery is expensive, but at least there are other options. I honestly have no issues with $1 a stamp.

It's hard comparing costs with Europe due to the sheer size of Australia and the rural communities spread throughout thus the increased expenditure in transportation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I personally have never had an issue with aus post, and I am addicted to online shopping. I've lived at various addresses and not one lost item or things being dumped. Once or twice they didn't knock at door but over several years I think that's pretty good.

Sure, their package delivery is expensive, but at least there are other options. I honestly have no issues with $1 a stamp.

It's hard comparing costs with Europe due to the sheer size of Australia and the rural communities spread throughout thus the increased expenditure in transportation.
    But every country has rural communities, I'm from a ridiculously small town hours from a big city in California and postage costs are still cheaper. I don't count weather issues as the postal service's problem, we would regularly not receive mail for days in the winter because roads were closed due to snow, that's beyond their control. But regardless, my parents are still spending a lot less to send a package to me in OZ than I am to them from OZ. A calendar traveling from London-Melbourne or Melbourne-London is still traveling the same distance through the same countries and communities, ya know?

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post

Lucky you don't live at my address then we have constant issues with our deliveries...

A few weeks ago I was waiting for a parcel and had received the email saying due for delivery today, had been keeping an eye/ear out for the delivery guy and checking updates on my tracking number...all of a sudden it changed to attempted delivery/redirected to post office...I immediately went outside to check the mailbox, no attempted delivery card in mailbox or at door...go inside, call Australia Post to make a complaint about no card being left...on hold and looking out the window and see the delivery guy jump out of his van and dump the attempted delivery card in my mailbox. I quickly run outside and try and call out to him but he is already taking off down the street, stops a few houses down and dumps the card in their mailbox...so clearly he was sitting around the corner updating his system and then dumping cards in mailboxes...then dumping the parcels back at the post office (no wonder the line to collect parcels is always out the door)
    I called out to him and surprisingly he did come back and I asked him why he didn't actually attempt the delivery and he told me he didn't think I would be home...um how about you take the 8 extra steps to my front door to ring the doorbell and actually find out if I am....by the time all of that happened I was still on hold for another half hour before I was able to make my complaint..

Sorry for the rant, we have had so many issues with Australia Post this year I am sooooo over it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (24-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Postage stamp cost increasing to $1 - will this effect you?

I struggle with arguments based on anecdotes. It's just not how I operate.

Statistics show Aus Post is up there with some of the best postal services worldwide. Maybe the rest of the world is just so appalling we don't look so bad.

Race to the last not to the first so to speak.

And no I'm not keen on defending them. I have had appalling service from them too. I'm just stating what the objective stats seem to show.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimum890 View Post
    Sorry for the rant, we have had so many issues with Australia Post this year I am sooooo over it!
    You can lodge a complaint online instead. (I've done so for the same issue as you, and also about regularly receiving mail meant for the same-numbered house in the next street).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Lucky you don't live at my address then we have constant issues with our deliveries...

A few weeks ago I was waiting for a parcel and had received the email saying due for delivery today, had been keeping an eye/ear out for the delivery guy and checking updates on my tracking number...all of a sudden it changed to attempted delivery/redirected to post office...I immediately went outside to check the mailbox, no attempted delivery card in mailbox or at door...go inside, call Australia Post to make a complaint about no card being left...on hold and looking out the window and see the delivery guy jump out of his van and dump the attempted delivery card in my mailbox. I quickly run outside and try and call out to him but he is already taking off down the street, stops a few houses down and dumps the card in their mailbox...so clearly he was sitting around the corner updating his system and then dumping cards in mailboxes...then dumping the parcels back at the post office (no wonder the line to collect parcels is always out the door)
    I called out to him and surprisingly he did come back and I asked him why he didn't actually attempt the delivery and he told me he didn't think I would be home...um how about you take the 8 extra steps to my front door to ring the doorbell and actually find out if I am....by the time all of that happened I was still on hold for another half hour before I was able to make my complaint..

This happened to me so many times! The amount of times I got an email saying 'attempted delivery' or walked out to my mailbox to find a card but had been home all day with nobody knocking on our door or ringing our bell! So annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I struggle with arguments based on anecdotes. It's just not how I operate.

Statistics show Aus Post is up there with some of the best postal services worldwide. Maybe the rest of the world is just so appalling we don't look so bad.

Race to the last not to the first so to speak.

And no I'm not keen on defending them. I have had appalling service from them too. I'm just stating what the objective stats seem to show.
    Not sure which part you are saying is anecdotal, I disagree that my post is anecdotal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...9ec8ccc154b9aa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Postage stamp cost increasing to $1 - will this effect you?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Not sure which part you are saying is anecdotal, I disagree that my post is anecdotal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...9ec8ccc154b9aa
    Not yours. I was referring to pp where people are saying they have had bad experiences. First basic rule of debating for every eg there will be egs that prove the opposite.

Do I really have to explain that?

Ok before I tap out of Bubhub for 2016 I am not disagreeing that aus post doesn't give bad service. It does. I have experienced it. Often.

Forget I posted.
    Last edited by Sonja; 24-12-2015 at 05:12.

Thanks
    Reviews

The delivery people are contractors. Report them and Aus Post can (prob will) either provide warnings or terminate contracts.

Again I seem to have a good bunch of people in my area so for me I don't have much issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It just cost my MIL $60 to send the kids Christmas presents to us from Tasmania to NSW. It was a smallish box and wasn't that heavy. I almost fell over when she told me!